Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Tesco Boycott

Default Tesco Boycott

Despite most folk in Thurso being unhappy with the Tescos land grab at the old mart and subsequently leaving an unsightly, wasted piece of land. The majority of shoppers in town still spend their hard earned at the Tescos shop in Thurso/do a big shop in Wick or order online.

this is the company who couldn't give a toss what you think, they're happy to leave us with a dump in the middle of town because they know, like sheep, we'll keep shopping there regardless.

can i politely propose that we say enough is enough, and start shopping elsewhere (locally/lidls/coop/asda online)

(just to re-iterate - Tescos is taking the piss out of the people of Thurso and to keep shopping there is a sign of how disaffected and powerless you feel to change this town for the better )

Not for much longer. Asda are now delivering to Thurso, spread the word.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

I can't say it bothers me much, no worse than the derelict auction mart that stood before.
    W.A.T.P.