Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caithness County Flag

Here are my attempts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caithness1.JPG 
Views:	833 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	24071

Two variations on the land and sea, the farming and the fishing. IMO I dont agree with a black and red flag. Green is the colour I associate with Caithness.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caithness2.JPG 
Views:	875 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	24072
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Has to be a flag with Nordic influences, as are the Orkney and Shetland flags. Nothing bizarre or too complicated please, or pictures thats just wrong. Keep it simple.
    Something with horizontal and vertical cross, same as Orkney and Shetland. Dont like greens Im afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Even Chance View Post
    Has to be a flag with Nordic influences
    Doesn't have to be.

Dont like greens Im afraid.
    The county does generally look green.

I reckon the flag should have a green background with a big, brown steaming jobby in the centre to represent the mess on Caithness footpaths.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

All good ideas - I've sent one off to the Groat - have you? Until they start piling them up, we've not got a good competition.

My Son is up Visiting and this is his suggestion of a Caithness Flag, notice it is made from a Caithness Flag Stone.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Good news: the flag competition will be launched in a week according to the Groat ("Victory for Caithness flag drive")

The flag competition is now up and running, with the Lord Lyon, no less, standing behind it. Let's make it a good one. (Report in the Groat: Caithness Flag Competition Under Way)

it'll take more than a flag to 'raise recognition and awareness of the area nation-wide, express the pride in our local community and celebrate the heritage and culture of our corner of the country.

distraction distraction distraction ... that's the art of modern politics and i'm dismayed to find it's seeped down to local level

i would ask all councillors in Caithness to get on with the real job they were elected to represent us for and stop fannying about with some daft Blue Peter make a flag for Caithness competition.

( by the way Kodiak - i think your lad's design is the best i've seen )
    Last edited by rogermellie; 06-Mar-15 at 02:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    My Son is up Visiting and this is his suggestion of a Caithness Flag, notice it is made from a Caithness Flag Stone.

You'll get slated for that!

the numpties now want to break up Scotland. " SAD "

We're close to the deadline for flag competition entries. I've no doubt there are plenty of good entries in already, but you have only until Friday 29 May to get your entry in:

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/...rary?get=17774

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12