Thought some of you might find this interesting
Basically I asked what it would mean to my family and I if the vote is a yes. Explained that we are an English family living and working in Scotland and that I am worried.
Here is the response in its' entirety.

Dear Ms Mather,

Thank you for your e-mail of 8 February to the referendum 2014 website regarding your families future in an independent Scotland. Please accept my apologies for the delay in response, which was caused by the receipt of a large number of enquiries.

It is the policy of the current Scottish Government that an independent Scotland will have an inclusive model of citizenship. The Scottish Government’s proposal is that on day one of independence, British citizens who are habitually resident in Scotland and British citizens born in Scotland but residing elsewhere, will automatically be considered Scottish citizens.

Scottish citizens will have the right to hold a Scottish passport and will be able to apply for one on day one of independence, although, as in most countries, there will be no requirement to hold one. The Scottish Government plans to recognise valid UK passports until they expire. This Government will also not place any barriers in the way of Scottish citizens holding dual or multiple nationalities. British nationality rules will be a matter for the rest of the UK to decide, however the UK already provides for dual citizenship with virtually every other country in the world and the UK Government recently confirmed in their paper Scotland Analysis: Borders and Citizenship that there would likely be ‘no barriers’ to joint citizenship with an independent Scotland.

Scottish citizens will be European Union (EU) citizens with all the benefits that brings, such as the right to free movement to live, study and work in all European Economic Area (EEA) countries and benefit from the healthcare and social security systems. EEA national migrants, including UK citizens, who move to Scotland to exercise their right to free movement, have a legitimate reason to be here and will always be welcomed - not only for their contribution to our economy but also the vibrancy and diversity they bring to our nation.

An independent Scotland will operate overseas offices which will provide support and protection for Scots abroad, just as it is currently provided by the UK. In addition, an EU citizen has the right to request the consular or diplomatic protection of any other EU member state including the UK.

Full details of the Scottish Government’s proposals for independence are set out in the Scottish Government’s White Paper Scotland’s Future: Your Guide to an Independent Scotland. Chapter 7 sets out proposals for citizenship, passports and immigration. There is also a Q&A section in Part 5 (Q&A 372 – 387 for citizenship and passports), which will hopefully answer any other questions that you may have. You can access Scotland’s Future, which is published on the Scottish Government website here: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2013/11/9348.

I hope this is helpful in understanding the policy of the current Scottish Government with regards to the information you have supplied in your e-mail. However, I should clarify that any arrangements for independence following the referendum on Scottish Independence depend on relevant legislation brought forward in this area. Any legislation could be subject to consideration, enactment or approval in parliament. There may also be changes or additions to the current policy intention.

Kind regards,

Nickola Paul

Make of that what you will. Then explain it to me pretty please