Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I give up and throw in the towel.

I just thought RR was a bit too good to be true. And I don't think Mrs Bradey was actually an old lady...
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    I just thought RR was a bit too good to be true. And I don't think Mrs Bradey was actually an old lady...
    Oh.........

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    we will no longer have to spend millions on mitigating welfare reforms like the bedroom tax (this appears to be costing Scotland over £200 million alone)
    Just how many people in Scotland are in receipt of housing benefit and live in social housing and have a spare room? I thought this would be the exception, not the norm? It sounds to me like for £200 million you could just build them all their own house.

Approx. 4000 1 bedroom houses/flats could be built for this money.
    Last edited by ducati; 07-Mar-14 at 10:54.

It's not just the bedroom tax Ducati, it's the council tax, it's funding the Scottish welfare fund, it's maintaining the passported benefits that people should get, it's funding the Scottish welfare fund, it's providing advice services and support via CAB or local council income maximisation teams and so on. The bedroom tax alone is costing 50 million.

It's not just the bedroom tax Ducati, it's the council tax, it's funding the Scottish welfare fund, it's maintaining the passported benefits that people should get, it's funding the Scottish welfare fund, it's providing advice services and support via CAB or local council income maximisation teams and so on. The bedroom tax alone is costing 50 million.
    Hmmm sounds like an awful lot of jobs for public servants.

No what it sounds like is an awful lot of policies that Scottish MPs didn't vote for and an awful lot of people who are glad that they live in a country that thinks they matter

No what it sounds like is an awful lot of policies that Scottish MPs didn't vote for and an awful lot of people who are glad that they live in a country that thinks they matter
    And you think Eck and his cronies give a damn about the Scottish public? I think not.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Well let's see Golach ... The evidence is there for people to judge. Scotland has... Free personal care for the elderly, free tuition fees for students, free prescriptions. It has set money aside to reduce the burden of welfare cuts, bedroom tax, council tax, Scottish welfare fund, to ensure passported benefits like free school meals are maintained, it has a community jobs fund which is achieving really good results for unemployed young people, it has committed an independent Scotland to a constitution written in co operation with you and I and anyone else who wants a say, it has committed itself to abolishing bedroom tax, triple locking pensions, free childcare. If these policies are not about putting people at the centre then what are they about?

Well let's see Golach ... The evidence is there for people to judge. Scotland has... Free personal care for the elderly, free tuition fees for students, free prescriptions. It has set money aside to reduce the burden of welfare cuts, bedroom tax, council tax, Scottish welfare fund, to ensure passported benefits like free school meals are maintained, it has a community jobs fund which is achieving really good results for unemployed young people, it has committed an independent Scotland to a constitution written in co operation with you and I and anyone else who wants a say, it has committed itself to abolishing bedroom tax, triple locking pensions, free childcare. If these policies are not about putting people at the centre then what are they about?
    So just handing out money to all and sundry. Excuse me for being a bit cynical.

Lol Ducati, I'm used to it

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    I am getting increasingly dismayed by the rhetoric being propounded by both sides in The Referendum debate.
    I have yet to hear any argument by either side that I find convincing, reliable or factual.
    I find the constant harping about Westminster, The Conservatives and today Margaret Thatcher, galling and in some cases bordering on racist .
    I was however very surprised when I read "The Declaration of '45, " it seems to have a strange harmony to the ideals being propounded by The SNP.
    I have a great respect for history, but we should move on, learn the lessons and strive for a better world not just hurl abuse at each other.

Well we are all entitled to our dreams.
    You're right Lizz (Celtic mind?) so I'll join you; no more burble from me - seeing that these posters are banned, giving up, or just plain bored with the coming debacle I'm stopping too! (so there)
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123