Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Scotland gains independence! What will you do as a "NO" voter?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Move out of Scotland as quick as possible, cutting your losses?

9 31.03%
  • Stay put and boast to every "YES" voter "I told you so!"

16 55.17%
  • Shoot yourself?

1 3.45%
  • I haven't a clue as i haven't finished drowning my sorrows yet!

3 10.34%

Thread: Scotland gains independence! What will you do as a "NO" voter?

Default Scotland gains independence! What will you do as a "NO" voter?

Supposing Scotland does gain independence this September. What, as a "NO" voter would you do?

Just for a bit of a laugh! This is posted due to a conversation i had last night in the pub with an Englishman who is moving away and we had a laugh about what he would do if he stayed in or left Caithness if Scotland gained independence.
    Last edited by Big Gaz; 26-Feb-14 at 14:49.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

wonder why it has happened 2 years early
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    wonder why it has happened 2 years early
    Dunno myself, would have been better after the election then we would have at least had a chance to see what the future holds. Who knows?
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Should really have the other poll too for balance?
    Last edited by ducati; 26-Feb-14 at 16:59.

See how things pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Should really have the other poll too for balance?
    Don't think it would have the same effect....."Scotland gains independence - What will you do as a "YES" voter?

Or do you mean "Scotland doesn't get independence - what will you do as a "YES" voter?

Either way i personally won't be doing anything rash :-)

Just listening to the fella last night you would think capital punishment is being brought back in. All doom and gloom and woe betide us.....I actually asked how much he had had to drink and it was just his second pint. I offered him a dram and he nearly died through trying to get the words out whilst choking on them "I'll not drink a drop of that vile haggis-muncher's puke if it's the last thing i do before i die! He was so funny to listen to and in the end i actually felt sorry for the guy, he thinks the world will end if Scotland gains independence....

I've had this same conversation lol.
    I would want to move to be honest. I love it here, love my house, love the people however if I had wanted to live in a foreign country I would have gone somewhere with sun. I want to live in the UK as a British citizen.
    Plus I think independence would be the downfall of Scotland
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Smile

Here until I die
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux.

make no difference to me whether yes or no vote wins. will be plenty of opportunity to say "I told you so" either way! I think the guy you were talking to in the pub big gaz sounds a right bag-o-laughs!

Aye, short of shooting himself he was lol.

Whatever way the vote goes now it certainly won't make 'white settlers' any less disliked after all their anti Scottish comments on here

Quote Originally Posted by Murdo View Post
    Whatever way the vote goes now it certainly won't make 'white settlers' any less disliked after all their anti Scottish comments on here
    please define a 'white settler'.

If the shoe fits Mrs B

If the shoe fits Mrs B
    show me the shoe, that I might try it for size! I ask again please define a "white settler"?

a new breed of dog, a bit like a red setter
    W.A.T.P.

I'll be staying whatever happens.
    I’m still undecided; yet I’m tempted to vote “Yes” just so I can see Danny Alexander lose his job. He's got a grin that would curdle milk. It would almost be worth it also to see Ruth Davidson and Johann Lamont squirm as they try to deny their hypocrisy and argue to keep their leadership roles,.
    Frankly I’m fed up with people telling Scotland ye cannae dae this and ye cannae dae that if there’s a “Yes” vote. The latest tale of woe is that an independent Scotland will not be allowed to access BBC TV! Well, “Jinks crivvens, help ma boab! Who cares?” I might just vote “Yes” to get rid of it and save on my TV licence!
    As I said I’m still undecided; I don’t like Alex Salmond. Yet there’s something about Scotland that makes it so very attractive to the UK grubbiement that they will do almost anything to have us remain part of the UK. If it’s that good, if it’s that precious, maybe Scotland could well make it as an independent state,.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

I still don't know if I'm a white settlers or not? please define! Murdoch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bradey View Post
    I still don't know if I'm a white settlers or not? please define! Murdoch.
    still waiting murdo !!