Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: George Keith

Post George Keith

I am researching my husbands family tree his 3x Great grandfather was George Keith b 1774 Wick died 1864 in Bylbster Caithness. Parents George Keith & Janet Corner. George married Barbara Swanson 1802 in Watten and had at least 8 children. His death certificate is difficult to read but I think he was married before to Elizabeth Tait. If anyone else is researching this family would like to hear from them. Also looking for information on his wife Barbara Swanson I have her birth as 1770 in Thurso her death as 1839 in Watten and her parents as Henry Swanson & Isobel Charleson.
    Any help much appreciated.

There are not that many KEITHs in Caithness but I found some in the Wick area Burials which might be a help
    with your search.

Watten: Margaret Keith died 18.11.1891
    William Keith '' 13. 6.1875
    Charles Keith '' 26. 4. 1888
    Janet Keith '' 24.11.1884

Dunn: Mary A Keith 1912

Wick Old: J Keith ??
    Wm Keith 1761

All different family groups, but I hope someone ties in with yours .I have not looked at other districts.

Trinkie

Hi Tiffers, My 3 x Gt Grandparents were John Bain and Janet Keith her parents being George Keith and Barbara Swanson they were married 19th Feb 1802 that's all I have at the moment, but if I find anything I will let you know.

Hi Trinkle
    Thank you for your reply, yes that is some of the family on the first set of Keiths not sue about the other ones but possible link somewhere along the line .
    Tiffers

Hi Scotsannie,
    Thanks for your reply. Janet & Margaret Keith were sisters who married the the Bain brothers George & John their parents being John Bain & Isabella Waiter. I have nothing more on George & Barabara .
    Tiffers