Hello! I am trying to find information on one Alexander Manson, born in Thurso in 1816 to William Manson (1775-1852) and Catherine Brock (1786-1860), according to records that have come down to me. I am told that Alexander was a soldier and was sent to Canada, stationed in Kingston about 1836. Alexander then settled in Canada, and according to the records I have been able to find so far, fathered three children (William Alexander, John, Catherine) by one Isabella McDonald (or MacDonald) who came from Rossshire. From there the records seem pretty clear down to my generation, but I am having a lot of difficulty filling in details about Alexander… specifically with which regiment did he serve? When did he leave Scotland? And when did he die (I'm presuming this happened in Canada, am searching there). I also have questions about Alexander's siblings - he had either 5 or 9 siblings, depending on which source one believes, that may include Donald, Eliza Lamond, Andrew, Christina, William, John, George, Katherine, and Mary. I am beginning to question these names/details as the naming seems uncharacteristic for the time, and wondering if several families have been grafted together, and if so perhaps I have the wrong birth date for my Alexander. I believe Alexander's father William Manson had a brother names Robert (1781-1858) who married a Janet Gunn (1784-1862), and I believe both couple to be buried in Old St. Peter's Church in Thurso (stones 69-71). Any corrections, info or pointers would be most appreciated!