Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Should Scotland Vote For Independence?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

161 43.99%
  • No

183 50.00%
  • Undecided

19 5.19%
  • Not Voting

3 0.82%
Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Org Poll on Independence

Default The Org Poll on Independence

So lets see how we orgers decide a quick poll to see how it goes

Well its not so close at the moment 3 to 1

Dont know (yet).

Oh great another poll
    W.A.T.P.

No I will not be voting for independence

The org polls are always closer than the National polls. I think we had a yes one recently.

I'd be interested in seeing local debates with invited guest speakers from interested groups or nationally recognisible MSPs to debate how Scottish Independence will affect us on a local level.

How will the budgets change for local councils?

How will local taxation be calculated?

How will the Scottish government implement any action plans to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels?

How will transport and communication change under an independent Scotland?

What value does an independent Scotland place on areas of outstanding beauty and Heritage?

How will Caithness benefit from job creation as a result of different policy making?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

You don't have an option for 'none of your biddy business'!
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    How will Caithness benefit from job creation as a result of different policy making?
    This is a serious discussion thread and you go and ruin it by cracking jokes like this....tch tch...Oh Rheghead......
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    You don't have an option for 'none of your biddy business'!
    Yup there is its called ignore it:0)

Looking at the poll results so far it does raise a problem in my mind. If 51% vote yes, it means that a very small minority of people will have decided for 49% of the population who wish to remain in the United Kingdom. Even if it was 56-65% for a yes vote the same remains true in my opinion. Surely something as important as Independence the bar should be far higher - something like a 80% or more required for a yes vote to get independence.

Just my opinion so please do not shoot the messenger!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing local debates with invited guest speakers from interested groups or nationally recognisible MSPs to debate how Scottish Independence will affect us on a local level.

How will the budgets change for local councils?

How will local taxation be calculated?

How will the Scottish government implement any action plans to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels?

How will transport and communication change under an independent Scotland?

What value does an independent Scotland place on areas of outstanding beauty and Heritage?

There is a meeting arranged for the 7th March..in the Weigh inn, in Thurso..starts at 7pm..

There you go folks I might even make that day the day I have to come north to work - Anyone for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by richardj View Post
    Looking at the poll results so far it does raise a problem in my mind. If 51% vote yes, it means that a very small minority of people will have decided for 49% of the population who wish to remain in the United Kingdom. Even if it was 56-65% for a yes vote the same remains true in my opinion. Surely something as important as Independence the bar should be far higher - something like a 80% or more required for a yes vote to get independence.

Just my opinion so please do not shoot the messenger!
    We had a similar stitch-up like the one you are suggesting back in 1979 - the 40% rule.

Shameful!

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    We had a similar stitch-up like the one you are suggesting back in 1979 - the 40% rule.

Shameful!
    I am meaning 80% of the people that vote, not of the electorate, if people do not bother to vote then that is their choice.

Personally i think everyone in Scotland who is entitled to vote, should have to vote. That way it is a true and fair vote of either yes, no or undecided which should all be on the ballot paper too. Proxy & postal votes included so there is no excuse not to vote either.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    Personally i think everyone in Scotland who is entitled to vote, should have to vote. That way it is a true and fair vote of either yes, no or undecided which should all be on the ballot paper too. Proxy & postal votes included so there is no excuse not to vote either.
    Postal votes a great idea for people wanting to sell their votes on eBay....lol

Interesting that the undecideds are quite statistically small. Every effort should be made by both sides to persuade these but in the end it won't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Postal votes a great idea for people wanting to sell their votes on eBay....lol
    I.D. is a wonderful thing ......i'll give you 3p and a toffee for yours

Quote Originally Posted by richardj View Post
    Looking at the poll results so far it does raise a problem in my mind. If 51% vote yes, it means that a very small minority of people will have decided for 49% of the population who wish to remain in the United Kingdom. Even if it was 56-65% for a yes vote the same remains true in my opinion. Surely something as important as Independence the bar should be far higher - something like a 80% or more required for a yes vote to get independence.Just my opinion so please do not shoot the messenger!
    well Mr messenger I agree!

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast