Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Should Scotland Vote For Independence?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

161 43.99%
  • No

183 50.00%
  • Undecided

19 5.19%
  • Not Voting

3 0.82%
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364
Results 1,261 to 1,277 of 1277

Thread: The Org Poll on Independence

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Now now Heisenberg - back in yer box. Oh wait, that was Schrodinger wasn't it...
    oh you mean Erwin, I'm Wolfgang, also he was Austrian and I'm German, but I will get back In my box.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Can yer nae just shuttit about the wretched oil man, yer like a broken record.
    Nothing to see here, move along.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Nothing to see here, move along.
    right back atcha rhegs, nothing to see here move along, I would add in agreement with theone, and your self, " ne sutor ultra crepidam" as I'm sure you know means (generally) don't give opinions outside your knowledge or judgement.

Is it not time for someone (admin) to start a New Poll - to see how people now stand for the Yes/No vote - I personally have not changed my mind - still No, but it has wavered in the last week or two. I personally have not been impressed with Darling on the TV debates, I agree with him, but not impressed. The one thing that may still swing my vote is the Nuclear/Trident Free Scotland. I try and not be naive about deterrence and as I get older (not saying wiser!) I have come to think that deterrence with Trident is necessary. When I was younger I definitely was anti-bomb.

Anyway - how about a NEW poll to see how people now feel now that we are only days away from the vote?

It was interesting to Hear Margaret Beckett on Radio 4 talk about her own personal move away from uni;ateral disarmament which was, of course the labour party position on nuclear disarmament for a long time. She said that in the 80s with CND she fully supported unilateral disarmament and in fact in those days that was seen as the nly way we were going to get rid of the abomination that is nuclear weapons. She also said that those supporting multinational disarmament were thought of as fools - that it would never happen and that it was simply a way of saying you didnt support nuclear weapons when you did really. We went on to see multi national nuclear reduction in a way that was surprising to those of us who were around and marched with CND at that time. I wonder - and it is just something to think about Richard, whether we have come as far as we are able now with Multi national disarmament and whether its time to revisit unilateral disarmament. Scotland has the opportunity to disarm Scotland and potentially the UK. I dont know. But its worth thinking about.

It depends on where his allegience lies upon a Yes vote.
    To his pocket, no doubt. No change there, then. I can't personally imagine a more horrible scenario myself, than having a load of unemployed Labour and LibDem MPs suddenly fighting for seats in an independent Scottish parliament, having spent their entire political careers doing nothing at all for their constituents or their country if it impacted adversely on their bank accounts.
    Hopefully they will all be too busy trying to get a seat and all the associated perks, in the House of Lords, which we will not be paying for.

With the recent political cleansing that has been carried out on here, I would expect a new poll to be a resounding yes, somewhere in the 80/20 region.Thankfully the no voters cannot be banned from the ballot box.
    Last edited by mi16; 04-Sep-14 at 19:15. Reason: Typographic police summons
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Thankfully the no voters cannot be banned from the ballet box.
    They must be quite expensive seats?

They must be quite expensive seats?
    Jings, crivvens and help my boab, surely not a typographic errorI better scurry away and correct that misplaced vowel.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Jings, crivvens and help my boab, surely not a typographic errorI better scurry away and correct that misplaced vowel.
    I wasn't doing the spelling police thing, I'm not bothered how posters spell as long as it is understandable. I just thought it was funny.

Top stock market analysts back Alex Salmond about his claims on Scottish oil.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...almond-on-oil/

top stock market analysts and banks also created the last global financial catastrophe

Quote Originally Posted by richardj View Post
    Anyway - how about a NEW poll to see how people now feel now that we are only days away from the vote?
    Sorted that for you.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Thanks Tubthumper - I've voted on the new Poll, I seem to be the only NO vote!

There is time yet Richard. I'm sure we'll see a few more

Cheers Tubs, new poll already beginning to show a trend. Now theres a surprise. Folk are a wee bit more learned now than they were before.

Come along to the Indy cafés tomorrow. 10am PPP wick, 2pm Pentland Hotel Thurso. No guest speakers, just a quick hello then talk to other people and ask questions about the referendum issues that are important to you. Yes, no, undecided are all welcome.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364