Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: "You don’t have a vote, but you do have a voice"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    The goodwill and negotiation will come from the govt, not the rest of the UK and it will be bad for them if they treat the Scottish govt with contempt because it will be to their advantage to stay pally with Eck. There will always be a negative or two for every positive but i really couldn't care less who down south is peed off with us up here. By my reckoning this is payback for all the crap i have had to put up with over the years.
    Certainly I would agree wholeheartedly with that, all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Well if you choose as your leader a Fat, swivel eyed, fishfaced er.. leader what do you expect?
    That may be your interpretation of the man..but at least he has a vision for Scotland and her people, whereas, the same cannot be claimed on the other gov. leader/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    That may be your interpretation of the man..but at least he has a vision for Scotland and her people, whereas, the same cannot be claimed on the other gov. leader/s.
    He does not have my vision or my vote
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

You will all be pleased to know I have had no calls from friends and family down south to ask me to vote either way.
    Actually putting forward the idea that people with the right to vote should be pressured from elsewhere is a bit iffy to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-Gal View Post
    Actually putting forward the idea that people with the right to vote should be pressured from elsewhere is a bit iffy to say the least!
    Not at all, that's what the iffy govt and iffy NO campaign numpties are doing this very minute. Iffy scaremongering and iffy pressurising people into retaining an iffy govt...
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Popping in..(Hi)
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Popping in..(Hi)
    Hi beks, how's it going?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    Not at all, that's what the iffy govt and iffy NO campaign numpties are doing this very minute. Iffy scaremongering and iffy pressurising people into retaining an iffy govt...
    You are entitled to your opinion as am I

Maybe my vote will be worth selling? There are enough people 'passionate' enough to pay for it I should think. Selling a vote to the highest bidder would be no worse than trying to tell someone else how to vote.

http://www.scotreferendum.com/

I am open to either way at the moment. I am looking at the above site to try make an informed choice. Without resorting to insults make your case and convince me that independence will benefit me

You are entitled to your opinion as am I

Without resorting to insults make your case and convince me that independence will benefit me
    Kinda difficult to say why it will benefit you precisely but as a whole it would probably benefit the nation. Singling out one person for what the benefit would be is not a good way to weigh up the case for independence nor sway a vote. Many things might benefit me which won't benefit you and vice versa. What i can say is that independence will benefit the NO voters in just the same way as it will benefit the YES voters but if there was a wee box on the ballot paper beside the NO vote that stated "tick here if you want no part of the benefits of independence should it happen" i wonder just how many NO voters would tick it?
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

You could turn that around and ask all the yes voters if it happens and things go belly up as a consequence of the yes vote will they take the flak, leave what perks there are left and bail out the no voters? No easy answer!

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Popping in..(Hi)
    Well now there's a surprise. Where have you been Beks sweetie? Did you fall down a big hole? Or perhaps you took a wrong turning off the North Highland Way and were bored to death by delusionists?

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    Yes lots of people have visions quite a few get locked up in lunatic asylums especially when they refuse to accept realities. Meanwhile back to the white paper and the answer to all the unanswered questions . It will be negotiated :0))

Hi Duc & Crayola - sorry just been watching the rugger at Murrayfield (Dear oh dear).. Yes was a bit surprised my original bit on the NHW years ago was resurrected, and met with an untimely death.. but never mind.
    I see a LOT of sock-puppets have appeared since I last graced this august forum? Again never mind, takes all types I suppose to pretend to be someone else to make it look like more than oneself to augment ones argument.

Must stop for refreshment after watching the dismal showing at MF, why, my goodness even the Scots were booing!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

I must say I enjoyed the Rugby sort of like the independence idea. Lots of great ideas lots of potential but distinctly lacking the drive and tenacity to pull it off because of a host of missed opportunities :0)

You are entitled to your opinion as am I Maybe my vote will be worth selling? There are enough people 'passionate' enough to pay for it I should think. Selling a vote to the highest bidder would be no worse than trying to tell someone else how to vote.http://www.scotreferendum.com/I am open to either way at the moment. I am looking at the above site to try make an informed choice. Without resorting to insults make your case and convince me that independence will benefit me
    Maybe you should sell your vote on eBay to some patriotic Scot living down south? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarRocks View Post
    I must say I enjoyed the Rugby sort of like the independence idea. Lots of great ideas lots of potential but distinctly lacking the drive and tenacity to pull it off because of a host of missed opportunities :0)
    Ouch....that hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    He does not have my vision or my vote
    Would not really be a democracy if everyone voted for the same party.

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Maybe you should sell your vote on eBay to some patriotic Scot living down south? ;-)
    Never thought of that!
    Maybe I will get something out of it after all

my question is why are the english so desperate to keep hold of scotland

This is the selling point for the yes people. It has occurred to me too!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast