Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Tube strike

Default Tube strike

Travelling in London was difficult yesterday but it wasn't impossible. I had to walk from Victoria to Pimlico which was enjoyable as I passed many of my former haunts from the time I lived there. I enjoyed walking the West London Way. Memories are more real than psychics' dreams of the dead.
    Last edited by crayola; 07-Feb-14 at 12:03.

I used to love wandering around London alas I feel like a stranger there nowadays.

Contrary to the impression you might get from the media, a lot of tube trains were running during the strike. They stopped at fewer stations so it was possible to reach your destination quicker than usual. London was my home for a long time and I will always feel safe and at home there.

I don't care if I never see the place again. As for the Tube strike, who cares? (mind the gap!)

You have the air of a native teuchter. When did you go native?

You're probably right C. I used to be quite the man about town. Worked for a well known French Lingerie house moons ago. Frequented Fashion Week, Earls Court, Olympia and all the provincial Expos. NEC, Gmex, Harrogate Lace. Etc. Maybe we've met? I used to know a lot of Models.

There's some choobs on this site I wish would go on strike :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    You're probably right C. I used to be quite the man about town. Worked for a well known French Lingerie house moons ago. Frequented Fashion Week, Earls Court, Olympia and all the provincial Expos. NEC, Gmex, Harrogate Lace. Etc. Maybe we've met? I used to know a lot of Models.
    Which lingerie house? I did several events at Earl's Court. Were you the bloke that used to try to chat me up by telling me I was even sexier than the blessed Margaret? The closest I came to being paid by lingerie houses was working for Pretty Polly. My legs were on the walls of underground stations. Usually with someone else's face.
    Last edited by crayola; 15-Feb-14 at 21:47.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Which lingerie house? I did several events at Earl's Court. We're you the bloke that used to try to chat me up by telling me I was even sexier than the blessed Margaret? The closest I came to being paid by lingerie houses was working for Pretty Polly. My legs were on the walls of underground stations. Usually with someone else's face.
    Dim-Rosy when they first came to the UK. Only did it for 10 years then I had to get a proper job.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    My legs were on the walls of underground stations. Usually with someone else's face.
    Now there's a confession if ever I heard one!

Presumably this was in the days before you would get arrested for such acts?