Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Lawn mower advice

Default Lawn mower advice

More advice needed if poss! I have a large area of grass to cut in summer time and it is very "bitty" with lots of uneven ground which my petrol mower wheels tend to get stuck in. Wondered if a petrol hover mower would be a good idea. Anyone used one who could advise on ease of use/drawbacks? Thanks in advance.

i have a lifetime experience of gardening grass cutting etc i dont think a hover mower would be the answer especialy for a large area can you level the surface maybe with rough sand or plough the area and re seed would be the ideal solution or if you can get someone with a tractor mounted mower hope this info is of some help

Yes, levelling would definitely be the answer, may give it a try. Had a sit on mower but lots of trees/ bushes/awkward areas to negotiate so not really the answer.
    Had an idea in my head that hover would just float over the bumps effortlessly and no getting stuck in ruts but always better to get advice from someone who has used one as they are not cheap to buy.
    Thanks for taking time to reply and for useful advice.

It all depends on the overall landscape of your ground. Though I use an electric trimmer to cut grass in the problem areas.
    Last edited by SaraRarman; 26-Feb-14 at 14:02.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraRarman View Post
    It all depends on the overall landscape of your ground. Though I use an electric trimmer to cut grass in the problem areas.
    Yes, you're right, I fully agree with you. I also want to Thanks other member to give good advice.