Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Delta Search

Default Delta Search

I unwittingly downloaded Delta Search to my desktop computer and would like to get rid of it and all the other nasty's that come with it. I have looked at many differing ways on the web and some sound like good advice, but I have become very cynical at what is good advice and what is just another scam. Any advice on tried and tested ways of doing this would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking

KM
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Download & install Malwarebytes - during the installation you can press Next on most buttons, but when you get to a page with 3 tick boxes (all ticked) REMOVE THE TOP TICK, as it activates the 14-day trial, rather than continuing with the perfectly good free version. Once it's installed it will start & download the latest updates - you should then run a Quick Scan which should only take 10 - 20 minutes (depending on PC age & number of files) - usually quite quickly you'll see the Files Found figure turn red & start increasing.

Once it's finished click the Show Results button and it'll list all it's found...it will only tick things it considers really nasty, however I find it reliable enough that I move my mouse over any of the items in the list, click my RIGHT HAND MOUSE BUTTON & then select Check All Items. I then click the REMOVE ALL button which it then does, and usually asks for a PC restart once complete.

That takes care of the 'infection' itself, but not the homepage or search engine settings. To set your home page it depends on your browser, but involves typing the address of your usual home page & pressing enter to visit said page - i.e. google.co.uk or whatever - then clicking into the settings (cog icon then Internet Options on newer versions of Internet Explorer, menu icon then Settings option on Google Chrome, etc.) and then setting your default Homepage / Startup Page to be the current pages.

You'll also need to change your default search engine as it will have reset to Delta Search too. Again this is usually found in the Settings / Internet Option under Search - just set whatever is your usual search engine back to the default, & delete the Delta Search one.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Bobinovich; 31-Jan-14 at 10:56. Reason: Minor changes

Thanks for that Bob, I have sent you PM.

Regards

PM

You've gone over your PM storage limit Kevin so can't PM you 'til you clear some out, however just to let you know I haven't received a PM from you

Mr Bobinovich called today and sorted my pooter problems out in double quick time, thank you Robin, its running like a good un now.