Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Van to Inverness?

Default Van to Inverness?

Is anyone doing a trip to Inverness with an empty van any time soon? We normally give unsold items from church bazaar to a charity we have close contacts with in Inverness but this year their van isn't fit to make the trip to collect from Wick. Needs a van because there are several boxes of books as well as clothes etc. More details to anyone who can help. tel. 07748 598013. Thanks.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Is anyone doing a trip to Inverness with an empty van any time soon? We normally give unsold items from church bazaar to a charity we have close contacts with in Inverness but this year their van isn't fit to make the trip to collect from Wick. Needs a van because there are several boxes of books as well as clothes etc. More details to anyone who can help. tel. 07748 598013. Thanks.
    why don't you phone Ajg parcels. I'm sure they would have space in a van to inverness, tell them its a donation to charity I'm sure they will assist!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bradey View Post
    why don't you phone Ajg parcels. I'm sure they would have space in a van to inverness, tell them its a donation to charity I'm sure they will assist!
    Hadn't thought of that and I know one of their drivers so - thanks, good idea. Will try them.

No go, their vans don't go back empty.

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    No go, their vans don't go back empty.
    maybe try Derek shearer ?

Hi I'm going Inverness Tues 4th Feb. I have a Yeti which is very spacious when seats all folded up. would be more than happy to take what I can for you

Quote Originally Posted by appilihp View Post
    Hi I'm going Inverness Tues 4th Feb. I have a Yeti which is very spacious when seats all folded up. would be more than happy to take what I can for you
    Thank you! May I phone you to give details? Or you can phone me on 07748 598013.

hi badger did you get sorted?

I will give you a ring today 1st Feb after 2pm after I finish work

Quote Originally Posted by euan the driver View Post
    hi badger did you get sorted?
    I think so - not sure yet how much appilihp can take (did you see his post?). Probably won't manage the whole load as there are loads of boxes of books this time from book sales. We get so many donated, which is great but many people return books they bought last time or bring more when they come so after a while we just don't have storage space. The charity said they would be grateful, so .. Will let you know later if that's OK. Thanks for offer.

Thanks for the offers of help. Euan - now sorted for a second trip with your suggestion after appilihp kindly took the first load. Nice to know one can always rely on org folk to help in a good cause.