Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wellies an' a' that.

Default Wellies an' a' that.

What do you consider to be the best wellies and waterproofs for working and wet dog walking?
    I used to wear Bullseye until I realised that they were crippling me- so cold and so heavy to wear. Now it's Dunlop Purofort, they are lighter and last a while but still cold. On the waterproof front, I use Flexothane but find them severely lacking- small hood, small pockets, wick water up sleeves and hem, rubbish zip, pants last no time as they wear on the inside knee seam. I have tried others off the internet but descriptions are often poor. It would be good to know what your favourites are and why. Also which brands you dislike. Toodlepip.

Muck boots are the warmest and by far the most comfortable.
    I wear flexothane pants and love them, dont know why yours wear at the knee as mine dont and I ride in them too.
    Mountain Horse coat for me at the moment and I love it but also like Musto coats too.

Thanks, I've seen Muck boots and wondered what they would be like. Next time I buy a new pair of wellies I'll give them a try. I was thinking about my Flexothane pants and I suppose I'm being unfair as I wear them all day and every day doing all my work. They seemed to last longer in the olden days. Maybe I just had rose coloured specs on?
    I appreciate your response
    Susie

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-Gal View Post
    Muck boots are the warmest and by far the most comfortable. I wear flexothane pants and love them, dont know why yours wear at the knee as mine dont and I ride in them too.Mountain Horse coat for me at the moment and I love it but also like Musto coats too.
    I would second that! Mucboots flexathane = perfect combo!

I will admit I am a titchy bit bow legged

Default Muck Boots

Coincidently, I was just having a look at my Facebook page and a friend of mine has just posted a sale of such a product.

bestinthecountry.co.uk added 19 new photos to the album Your Favourite Muckboots - For Less.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...18164650_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...17392343_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...21909463_n.jpg
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Hey, thanks to you all. I might not even wait until these wellies run out. I'm so pleased that I asked. Cheers.

From the pictures on the internet those "Muck Boots" look a bit light duty for working in, and certainly when compared to Dunlop Thermos.

You couldn't beat my old Dunlop trials wellies with steel toecap. They fell to bits after I had them for thirty years and I got them second hand.

I wonder if they still make them? (not enough to google though)

Many years back I used to always buy Argyll wellies. They changed them into horrible floppy legged things and I had to chuck the final pair away. I looked at the Muckboots, I'm not sure if I could wear them all day, all winter etc footwear has to be as right as possible during winter and particularly at calving and lambing time.