Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: found in perfume box from tesco

Nothing you can do, these things happen. We purchased a pair of jeans for my son and when he put them on at home there were slashes on them. We took them back to Wal-Mart & they told us when the boxes are being opened in the warehouse sometimes they get "over-enthusiastic" with the box cutters and some stock gets damaged. They replaced them no problem. I'm assuming the same thing happened here, the box cutter got dropped & ended up inside the perfume box. I would say items need to be checked before they are wrapped as gifts, at least to make sure they are not broken or leaking, it's certainly not malicious or deliberate accidents happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell09 View Post
    Glad your daughter diddn't open it. What a health & safety hazard!!! I wouldn't be happy if it was me either!! Could be dangerous in the wrong pair of hands!!
    Are there no other knives in the house? Are they not just as deadly?

In our house my 7yo can use sharp knives under supervision.
    They are really sharp as used for cutting in the kitchen....blunt knives slip!
    But finding random knives in gift sets that are not "safe" type packaging knives is disturbing.
    Why let employees use stanley knife lookalikes for packages when there is "safe knifes" for packaging tape?
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    In our house my 7yo can use sharp knives under supervision.
    They are really sharp as used for cutting in the kitchen....blunt knives slip!
    But finding random knives in gift sets that are not "safe" type packaging knives is disturbing.
    Why let employees use stanley knife lookalikes for packages when there is "safe knifes" for packaging tape?
    Not getting into this discussion Dadie but what do you mean by a "safe knife" for packaging tapes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Also I notice the Brand name is not Tesco, so perhaps Tesco is not at fault but the Manufacturer is. Tesco can not open every box that they buy in to make sure there are no dangerous items hidden within.

Sure Tesco sold the item and if there is something wrong with the said Item they should give you a full refund but since they did not manufacture this item perhaps you should contact the company who did produce this item.
    Good point.

Bonus free stanley with your perfume, don't tell them they may take it back and you will be left with just the perfume! This must be something extremely rare if it as you say, and i think sometimes we have to accept that freak things will happen from time to time, i know for a fact that Tesco have very strict consumer protection policies and if they are broken there is a good chance they will end any future dealing with the company it came from, if not that they will be hit with a fine in the region of £30000 to be able to continue gracing their shelves, no doubt it provides a healthy little bonus for Tesco senior management, why would anyone buy perfume for a seven year old and anyone getting this kind of gift or purchasing it for themselves would be of an age where this would be of minimal risk to their safety, but none the less if it is correct what you say then they should of apologised immediately and had it investigated, i am very surprised this wasn't the case as Tesco employee's are constantly monitored to make sure they give a high standard of customer service and they often have management enter stores undercover testing staff for politeness, and their ability and willingness to go that extra mile to see customers get the service they train staff for in first place, no way will Tesco let this go unexplained i guarantee that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ywindythesecond View Post
    Not getting into this discussion Dadie but what do you mean by a "safe knife" for packaging tapes?
    It is a guarded blade
    W.A.T.P.

Sorry Transit, can`t do links, but if you go onto the official Tesco page, scroll down to customer services team there are phone numbers and below that an envelope....if you click onto the envelope it gives you the online form to fill in like an email and above that the option to "Chat".

The person I got was very helpful, stayed on the line with me while he phoned the shop then transferred me to the store to speak to the manager, staying on the line at my request. He followed up three days later with a call to ensure my problem had been resolved.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

No wonder the countries grinding to a halt. with all you complaining re imburse me and pay me for the pleasure of complaing types. Everyone makes mistakes at work, and if you don't your a liar.You need insurance to cover your insurance. I've no doubt your genuine but I bet for every genuine issue Tesco and the others have 100's of bogus complaints, so how can they tell them apart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12