Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Old St Peters Church.

Default Old St Peters Church.

Ive been hesitant to post anything on the org about the old church. Imagine if half a dozen of our more active orgers signed up. Anyway I'll chance it.
    One of the aims is to help form some kind of management committee, a large one, and take the responsability for the old church over from the council. A community project.
    There's a public meeting in Caithness Horizons (the toon hall) on Wednesday 29th January at 7pm to discuss the possibilty of that happening. The council would be delighted to see it off their hands and there are a few options for that to happen.
    There's also a facebook page called St Peters Action Group.
    If you think you could have an interest in the future of an old church come to the meeting.

i will be there

Good man Paul. Bring some sweeties.

You can relax Gleeber, I don't intend to turn up. :-)

You don't mention in your post where Old St Peters Church is. For the un-informed it's in Thurso.

All best with your public meeting and a way forward for the Church

Will try and attend but making no promises as the OH does not like driving at night.
    Sounds like a great idea, wish you well if we are not there to give support.

I noticed there's another public meting on the same night as this one. That's a pity because I'm sure there's some people would want to go to both. I would. Facilities for surfers is long overdue.
    Our meeting's about raising enough people to take the church over. At the end of the night it might come down to a show of hands. If anyone wanted to go to the other meeting but was drawn to the church just send me a message and you will be counted in at the end of the night.

A reminder that this meeting is on tomorrow night.

Let us know what happened when you have time, would be much appreciated.