Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Phone problems - TalkTalk

Default Phone problems - TalkTalk

Hi - is anyone else having phone problems today? Our handsets are making weird noises and calls can't be made out. People ringing in seem to get a normal 'ringing' sound but the phones here don't ring.

Hi DortmunderIm sorry to hear your having phone troubles.Try running a check through the Service Centre (http://my.talktalk.co.uk/servicecentre) and folloiwng the home phone "report & repoar" options.If this doesnt resolve your issue you can have a callback arranged if you post on the TalkTalk Community (http://community.talktalk.co.uk)RegardsTalkTalkSupport

I've got talktalk but it seems to be okay.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

lol, i've seen it all now! Talk Talk support have all the time in the world to sign up on Caithness.Org and reply to a thread that a customer of theirs has posted asking for help yet they had no time to help when i had an equipment problem and i either got no answer or was repeatedly fobbed off with a pile of stupid tests to do when i did get an answer. And they wonder why many want to leave or have left talk talk....
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    lol, i've seen it all now! Talk Talk support have all the time in the world to sign up on Caithness.Org and reply to a thread that a customer of theirs has posted asking for help yet they had no time to help when i had an equipment problem and i either got no answer or was repeatedly fobbed off with a pile of stupid tests to do when i did get an answer. And they wonder why many want to leave or have left talk talk....
    totally bankers!

Quote Originally Posted by dortmunder View Post
    Hi - is anyone else having phone problems today? Our handsets are making weird noises and calls can't be made out. People ringing in seem to get a normal 'ringing' sound but the phones here don't ring.
    Over 6 weeks now, no landline phone and barely any internet
    you always know what sort of a day its been when it gets to night

Yes, we are in Wick and have had no land line for over two weeks. They 'dispatched an engineer' some days ago to deal with the problem. Talk Talk support is rubbish and just tell you that their 'concern team' are dealing with it. Very frustrating. I wish that they would just say what is wrong and tell the truth about when it will be fixed.

Had so many problems with my connection and being fobbed off I brought my problems to the Ombudsman - result, engineer came to check line and replaced phone box/socket free of charge - finally.
    Get on to the Ombudsman, you can do it on line too - worth it for me.

Hi I'm with onetel which is now part of talk talk, I had internet problem two days ago however sorted very quickly. With regards to telephone problem, what you have to understand that belongs to BT line but your server is responsible to get the issues resolve.