Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Torrisdale tunnel, skerray is getting ready for 2014 - are you?

Default Torrisdale tunnel, skerray is getting ready for 2014 - are you?

TORRISDALE TUNNEL, SKERRAY IS GETTING READY FOR 2014!!! are you planning some fruit trees, a new garden hedge, a small garden planting or a huge wind break project - new stock arriving FEBRUARY - great deals in a good variety of native bare root at budget prices - facebook Torrisdale Tunnel or contact on 07895073707 for more information - thanks!

Hello. Will you be getting any alder whips?I am also thinking of getting a couple of new gooseberry bushes.

hi where are you please

Hi there, yes - I will have 40-60cm common alder, can supply bare root @ £1.55 each or potted @ £3.00 each. Also have both red & green gooseberry bushes, potted @ £5.00 each - thanks for now!

Hi there - we are in Skerray which is between Bettyhill & Tongue, approximately 40 miles from Thurso. Just let me know if you would like directions - thanks for now!

Thanks for the information. Do you have opening hours or do I make an appointment?
    I am hoping to get 2 red and 2 green gooseberries and 20 bare root alders.
    Cheerio.

Hi there - lovely! my stock should be ready around 7/8th February, and then we are self-service with an honesty box and always open. But for your order I will set it aside and contact you - if that suits? do you have a number I could contact you on? thanks for now

Hi I am for hedging that will with stand the winds up here. must be none poisonous as I have chickens and would like something that will provide food and shelter for wild birds any suggestions. do you supply your suggestions and how much a plant please bare root will be fine. thank you in advance

Hi there appilihp, yes I have a variety of native hedging, hawthorn, blackthorn, sea buckthorn, green beech, rosa rugosa, dog rose, june berry, berberis plus a few more. All are well suited to our wild weather. Most produce blossom followed by berries for wild life and provide a good thorny thick environment for shelter and possible nesting. I would recommend planting between 3 and 5 per meter, and where possible a slightly staggered hedge will grow good and thick. All bare root will be ready around 7/8th Feb, approx. 40-60cm and priced between £1.45 and £1.80. Hope this is helpful, thanks for now

ok thanks will work out what I need and come over Feb

Will be out to visit you at some point when the weather makes my thoughts turn to gardening.
    Delighted with what we bought last year.

Great, thank you Lizz - see you in Feb!