Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Benefit street parasites

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-Gal View Post

What about other 'parasites'?

We are all parasites in one way or another.
    If you are on the org, you would focus on the benefit fraud one..by a country mile!

I can see the point of punters whining about folk on benefits if they weren't picking up benefits like tax credits, pension credits, winter heating allowances, cold weather payments, child benefits, housing benefit, council tax rebates etc...but there are relatively few who don't take something out of the system.

I wonder how many who whine at everything which turns up on "reality" telly and on the likes of the Daily Fail, which chimes with their views of everyone but themselves, actually pick up the phone and report neighbours who are defrauding the system? I know I don't....not because it doesn't annoy me......but because it is the fault of a system which 66 years on from its inception hasn't worked out how to stop people finding the glaring loopholes they always manage to find....and that goes for the tax avoiders as well as those who get benefits. If a highly paid Government with a lot of highly paid advisors and employees can't be bothered to set up a system which works.....why blame the punters who take advantage of their ineptitude?

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    I haven't seen this programme, and have not a lot of desire to. But I have gone as far as Googling it, particularly the images in Google. Sometimes a picture says a thousand words.... And cuts across all the predjudices.

For example, one aerial picture, allegedly of this street shows every back garden about knee deep in grass and rubbish. Now, if everyone is supposedly willing to work, hard working and not on the scrounge, why do none of the gardens appear to be kept and cultivated? With all that time on their hands through being Jobseekers, and food being "so expensive", where are all the vegetable plots?

Pulling out ones finger and taking account of oneself is the same no matter if you are black, white, pink or yellow - 27th generation English or newly arrived immigrant.

Or is it just too easy to sit back and let someone else sort out your dinner for you, whether it be from the local takeaway, Tesco's or the Food Bank?
    ROFLMAO, you do lead a sheltered life, which is probably why you have such black and white opinions! Believe me, there are lots of places where gardens are knee deep in grass and rubbish ...but I happen to know that some of them in my area have at least one and sometimes two adults working...and others have a disabled person who can't look after it. Not looking after your garden is not an indication of fecklessness or extracting the urine...it could as easily be lack of time, of inclination, not being bothered about what the neighbours' think..or not being able physically or mentally to do it. I was brought up to worry about what the neighbours' thought....so I definitely kept the garden tidy.....but you really wouldn't have wanted to enter my house..because the neighbours didn't see that.

I'm on a fair few forums, and this one is one of the nastiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    ROFLMAO, you do lead a sheltered life, which is probably why you have such black and white opinions! Believe me, there are lots of places where gardens are knee deep in grass and rubbish ...but I happen to know that some of them in my area have at least one and sometimes two adults working...and others have a disabled person who can't look after it. Not looking after your garden is not an indication of fecklessness or extracting the urine...it could as easily be lack of time, of inclination, not being bothered about what the neighbours' think..or not being able physically or mentally to do it. I was brought up to worry about what the neighbours' thought....so I definitely kept the garden tidy.....but you really wouldn't have wanted to enter my house..because the neighbours didn't see that.

Couldnt agree more....quite a few folk struggling to eat their soup with a fork lol

OOOH!!! what a nasty comment about us Orgers, but i'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way on here
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Yep, that confirms what I suspected. That its easier to sit back and wait for someone else to come and make sure you get fed....

Anyone out of work (plenty time on their hands) and going hungry should have the best ability and incentive for a bit of self preservation. Those in work, have the least, since, as you point out they are working all day and have the income means to be able to afford to buy their tatties. If they make their income from their own labour, then they have that choice. However, it appears that their labour also means that others don't have to bother.

Yep, bring in the garden tax!

Yep, that confirms what I suspected. That its easier to sit back and wait for someone else to come and make sure you get fed....Anyone out of work (plenty time on their hands) and going hungry should have the best ability and incentive for a bit of self preservation. Those in work, have the least, since, as you point out they are working all day and have the income means to be able to afford to buy their tatties. If they make their income from their own labour, then they have that choice. However, it appears that their labour also means that others don't have to bother.Yep, bring in the garden tax!
    is this one of your black opinions or is it a white one? I'm confused as all your opinions seem the same colour to me........?

Yep, that confirms what I suspected. That its easier to sit back and wait for someone else to come and make sure you get fed....

Anyone out of work (plenty time on their hands) and going hungry should have the best ability and incentive for a bit of self preservation. Those in work, have the least, since, as you point out they are working all day and have the income means to be able to afford to buy their tatties. If they make their income from their own labour, then they have that choice. However, it appears that their labour also means that others don't have to bother.

Yep, bring in the garden tax!
    Sorry.....what is that meant to mean? You suspected this is one of the nastiest forums I frequent.......or I sit and wait for someone to feed me because I don't like housework....and admit it?

Having an untidy/unkempt garden is not necessarily an illustration of a feckless person........should never go by appearances of people or their homes..and particularly not on the television in what are laughingly called "reality" shows.

It is really sad that all this happening in our society. We must enforced contraception at birth.

Default Sour grapes

All this comments only one step away from comments you might see from adolf himself I wonder how many might change there tune if it were there daughter or son who could not get a job I bet that would be ok and I wonder how many people wrote a Nasty comment who are claiming some kind of benefit themselves but are working like tax credit child benefit or housing benefit considering we live in one of the lowest paid places in the uk . There are people that will always take advantage of the system but you can't write everyone off lets face it how many jobs are they in caithness for youths.
    "One more round Micky"

Quote Originally Posted by samanthaflax02 View Post
    We must enforced contraception at birth.
    Birth is a late time for contraception.

You don't want to be applying these things too late in life....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castration-Ring-Pliers_800_800_120106050156.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	23280

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678