Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Benefit street parasites

Default Benefit street parasites

I watched a program on channel 4 last night '"Benefit Street" I was shocked but not surprised, what do orgers think may be the answer to sorting out the problem of fast breeding benefit cheats that are sucking the country dry? not willing to work or sort there lives out, but quite happy breeding children that the taxpayer has to clothe, feed and educate! occupying valuable housing in cities were people who work can't find housing! funding drug habits by shoplifting, theft, prostitution and mugging pensioners. is there a way that you think the government can ease this fast growing problem?

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Stop giving them cash and put them on food parcels, also neuter them, enforced contraception at birth
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Better sex education at school would be a start but we all know it won't happen. Benefits should only be paid out to those who have paid in and hard as it may sound there should be strictly no extra benefits for any child if born to a mother on benefits. There is no need to bring a child into the world if you cannot afford to raise them properly. it's a simple thing to use contraception. As for benefits & housing, it's a total pi**take, as i know a 17 yr old lass who is pregnant at the moment and is in her second council house within 6 months and will be moving again when the child is born come this summer yet i know of several people who have been on the council list for some time and haven't yet even been considered for a house in the area. The 17 yr old said she that was having probs with her parents so got herself pregnant so she could get a house and has also made it clear that she has no intention whatsoever of finding a job and will probably have a 2nd and maybe a 3rd child "if she feels like it" to up her benefits money, but if they don't give her more money then she doesn't want the baby. both her and the father's parents are having a hissy-fit over this scheming little madam and her selfish and greedy behaviour and they have been told if they want to see their grandchild then they will have to help look after it when she "can't cope". She has already drawn up a rota and told them, it's saturday for her parents and sunday for his "or not at all" this is so she can have every weekend to herself. You can't win against people like her with that attitude. If her benefits get stopped, then who looks after the child/ren? = taxpayer mugs!

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    Stop giving them cash and put them on food parcels, also neuter them, enforced contraception at birth
    ah yes! but what about human rights? how can you apply human rights to neutering at birth? to stop giving them cash encourages more theft, violence etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    You can't win against people like her with that attitude. If her benefits get stopped, then who looks after the child/ren? = taxpayer mugs!
    You can win, the child is taken from her put up for adoption to people who want kids. Kick her out on her arse and she's got to make her own way in the world.

Way to go Jox

best thing was the YTS why did they do away with that, like what do they do now collage or dole bum or mc dee`s or packing shelves not relay much to chose from
    and folk wonder why they get stuck in that rut they don't know nothing else

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bradey View Post
    ah yes! but what about human rights? how can you apply human rights to neutering at birth? to stop giving them cash encourages more theft, violence etc!

Turn the jails back In to jails,not the hotels that they are at the moment,
    Hand out stiffer penalties, yes the jails will be a bursting point for a time, but the society will soon learn, that itis not acceptable to try and live outside the law,
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Quote Originally Posted by kosacid View Post
    best thing was the YTS why did they do away with that, like what do they do now collage or dole bum or mc dee`s or packing shelves not relay much to chose fromand folk wonder why they get stuck in that rut they don't know nothing else
    there were no jobs when I was young. I did a stint in yts, £23.50 a week, of which £15 went to my mum for house keeping! I enjoyed yts and then I got a job. should bring it back a large percentage may find they like to work and feel good providing for there families .

Looks like the "stars" of the program are going to be helping police with their enquiries

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/police-examin...155348427.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    Looks like the "stars" of the program are going to be helping police with their enquiries http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/police-examin...155348427.html
    quite right too! in the article you linked, one of the "cast" said they were mislead as the programme was supposed to be about community. instead she said "it made us out to be scum" !!!!!!!!?!? I'm afraid not, it was the cast that did that, simply by being scum, thieving scum at that!!!

I reckon the easiest option is to limit child benefit, tax credits, etc. to 2 children? Would make a few think twice about adding more to their brood I'm sure.

I reckon the easiest option is to engage brain before watching this utter claptrap and understand that it is manipulated for the viewing pleasure of the lowest common denominator. Car crash telly! Understand this and you might go half way to realising this is not a typical picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    I reckon the easiest option is to limit child benefit, tax credits, etc. to 2 children? Would make a few think twice about adding more to their brood I'm sure.
    limiting child benefit to 2 children, a good idea you might think. what about the rights of the innocent children who do not have the choice whether they are born or not. joxville's idea that babies be taken from young single mothers, who cannot afford to feed or house their offspring. to me sounds a reasonable suggestion. there was talk a few years back of a similar idea of putting the young mothers in hostels to take pressure off housing associations. I agree with Riggerboy that the prisons are far too soft, and offer no deterrent to these people, who when they have been in once, know what to expect- warm bed, good food, activities and most of all crime training and discussion groups on how to commit them!!!!!

I am finding it very hard to believe what I have just read throughout this post! Why don't you just go the whole hog and have them all shot ......... Have you no humanity?

SMJ

Quote Originally Posted by smj View Post
    I am finding it very hard to believe what I have just read throughout this post! Why don't you just go the whole hog and have them all shot ......... Have you no humanity?
    Humanity? I suppose you approve of benefit scroungers who have multiple kids, don't work (certainly don't want to) have the full Sky TV package, internet, games consoles, top of the range mobile phones, nice car, nice private rented house paid for by housing benefit etc etc? End of the day when the govt make the cuts to the council budget allowance, the council will have no choice but to respond by cutting services. Street lighting is an option, only on during early evening and off until early morning, would you feel safe out at night in the dark?. One rubbish collection per month, watch the rats don't chew your shoes whilst you are out walking in the dark! No street cleaners, no road repairs, mind you dont trip up over the discarded bin bag or heaven forbid, fall into a pothole when crossing the road! child services cut, who's going to look after the waifs now? police & fire brigade cuts then you start whining when your house and all your worldly posessions are either stolen or burned to a crisp by some miscreant.......and the list goes on.
    I myself have absolutely no issue with those who have "earned" their benefits due to paying taxes and national insurance but those who leave school, get pregnant and take a house, benefits and other handouts whilst making no effort to pay their way are just taking the ****. How would you feel if the council sent you a bill to pay for their keep on top of council tax? it might just well happen because Westminster have decided to make a £25bn cut in spending, most of which will come from cuts in the welfare bill (which is the clear intention next election).
    Jobseekers allowance is £72 a week. That is the minimum as required by law that you need to live on. So say roughly £300 a month. The top Sky package is what? £40-50 a month?, mobile phone contract for the latest phone is at least £40 a month. Internet say £20 a month depending on ISP and service supplied and probably another £15 a month for line rental....so theres almost £120 a month on NON essential services thats paid for by benefits, leaving the claimants around £40 a week to feed and clothe themselves! But wait! you saved up for a month for a good night out in town and whilst you are out enjoying yourself you see a particular single parent female whom you know to have 3 kids and she is legless in Wetherspoons! how much did that cost her to get in that state? and it's not just that week, it's EVERY week! If 1 million+ "scroungers" can afford this money for the luxuries that others in work can't afford, then why are they getting so much benefit in the first place? theres £2bn+ savings right away!
    Jobseekers allowance is there to support you and your family in times of unemployment. NOT to finance luxuries! and certainly not to pay you to have kids!

Benefit street parasites
    Come on!, does anyone seriously think this thread was started to discuss "a way that you think the government can ease this fast growing problem?" or a platform for the usual 'let's tar all on benefits with the same (scummy) brush' brigade?

Mrs Bradey - I doubt you were "shocked" at all - you probably revelled in every minute of it .
    Last edited by linnie612; 07-Jan-14 at 22:03. Reason: added a 'u'

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bradey View Post
    I watched a program on channel 4 last night '"Benefit Street" I was shocked but not surprised, what do orgers think may be the answer to sorting out the problem of fast breeding benefit cheats that are sucking the country dry? not willing to work or sort there lives out, but quite happy breeding children that the taxpayer has to clothe, feed and educate! occupying valuable housing in cities were people who work can't find housing! funding drug habits by shoplifting, theft, prostitution and mugging pensioners. is there a way that you think the government can ease this fast growing problem?
    Yep. that's pretty much the reaction the programme makers were aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by linnie612 View Post
    Come on!, does anyone seriously think this thread was started to discuss "a way that you think the government can ease this fast growing problem?" or a platform for the usual 'let's tar all on benefits with the same (scummy) brush' brigade?Mrs Bradey - I doubt you were "shocked" at all - you probably revelled in every minute of it .
    you are quite right I wasn't as shocked as my first post implied. however, it is very worrying to know these underclasses are not getting any smaller. in reality streets like this are not as uncommon as you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Yep. that's pretty much the reaction the programme makers were aiming for.
    yep, that's pretty much the reaction I was expecting when posting!!........................would still like to know what the answer to this escalating problem is???????
    Last edited by Mrs Bradey; 07-Jan-14 at 23:21.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast