Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog walking,,,, you don't have the right to walk the golf course

Is this what they mean by dogging?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bradey View Post
    does it clearly say in the access code exemptions, "golf green", and not,"golf course"? if it does then you can walk over all the course except the putting greens, as these are the only part of course described as "greens". of course you would need; not to disturb play, clean up dog mess (even in the rough), and keep pets under control (not necessarily on the lead).
    having now read the cast relevant part of the access code it does state you may cross the course if on a footpath/right of way. dogs must be under control and on a short lead. further access is only at the discretion of the golf club! so there you go, or not go, as the case maybe! Riggerboy you are quite correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Do ignorant golfers realise that dog walkers do have the right to walk their dogs on golf courses, as opposed to greens which are classed as sport fields,as long as they do not interrupt a game of golf.
    We walk our dog there when the course is quiet and have never had any problem with golfers, apart from one who was very rude and threatening. In fact they have been very welcoming and a few take their own dogs on the course.

Well I have never encountered any other golfer who is so anti dog walking as you!

As for going to the police station I choose not to as don't need to. We only walk our dog on the golf course when it is very quiet and do not interrupt games and clear up dog mess

Wick Golf Club actually has a sign asking people to keep dogs under control which implies that they can be walked there.
    Just to clarify, I was the "Irate golfer" not Riggerboy.
    Yes I swore but after shouting to you numerous occasions to get out of the way you just ignored that and carried on walking straight along the 1st fairway where I was hitting balls! Contrary to you don't get in the way, you continued to walk straight along the line I was playing on!
    We are not the only members who are frustrated at the state of the course due to fouling and being disrupted by those walking on the course often in areas the golfer is about to play too.
    As previously mentioned walkers can walk over a path across a golf course but not just purely go for a walk on the course.
    Members are entitled to walk their dogs as they are paying the upkeep on the course.
    Exactly the same as you can walk your dog in your garden but I cant walk into your garden to walk a dog or practice my golf!

As i said we are not the only members of the club disgruntled with the situation, the matter has already been pointed out to the club and I think further action will be taken.
    It's a shame that this is the situation but walkers have brought this upon themselves through their ignorant and selfish behaviour.

having now read the cast relevant part of the access code it does state you may cross the course if on a footpath/right of way. dogs must be under control and on a short lead. further access is only at the discretion of the golf club! so there you go, or not go, as the case maybe! Riggerboy you are quite correct.
    How refreshing to see someone on here take the time to read things and understand the difference between what the access code says, rather than what they want it to say for their own good.
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
    Is this what they mean by dogging?
    The golfing set have nothing against that!

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    Now off you trot to the police station and ask,,,, Ill wait here for your response ,,,
    Next time you see me walking the dog on the course, off you trot and get yourself laughed out of the Police station.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Thank you Mrs Bradey, and if I could put Liz in the picture, if it wasn't for the fact that I am a nice enough bloke I would attach your pm's that you sent me,
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Unlike all of you, I'm not a lawyer, but your quoted law appears to say that people who do these terrible things on the course are not protected, by the Act, from your claims that they are not behaving responsibly. You can apply to the Civil courts to have them interdicted from dog walking on your golf course.

Good luck with that!

If a person is behaving irresponsibly and damage or significant disturbance is being caused, then you could ask them to modify their behaviour. If they refuse to do so, and this damage or significant disturbance continues, then they would not be exercising access rights responsibly and so they could then be asked to leave. If an individual does this persistently over a period of time, you could seek an interdict against that person. Never use force.

Quote Originally Posted by almo View Post
    Just to clarify, I was the "Irate golfer" not Riggerboy.
    Yes I swore but after shouting to you numerous occasions to get out of the way you just ignored that and carried on walking straight along the 1st fairway where I was hitting balls! Contrary to you don't get in the way, you continued to walk straight along the line I was playing on!
    We are not the only members who are frustrated at the state of the course due to fouling and being disrupted by those walking on the course often in areas the golfer is about to play too.
    As previously mentioned walkers can walk over a path across a golf course but not just purely go for a walk on the course.
    Members are entitled to walk their dogs as they are paying the upkeep on the course.
    Exactly the same as you can walk your dog in your garden but I cant walk into your garden to walk a dog or practice my golf!

As i said we are not the only members of the club disgruntled with the situation, the matter has already been pointed out to the club and I think further action will be taken.
    It's a shame that this is the situation but walkers have brought this upon themselves through their ignorant and selfish behaviour.
    Okay firstly this was dealt with privately (where I apologised for mistakenly identifying Riggerboy as the person who aggressively confronted us) so no need to be brought on to a public forum but since you have now done this I will clarify the situation.

On the day in question we went for a walk on the course as there was only one golfer (which turned out be you) heading back to the clubhouse so we felt it was safe to cross over the course whereupon you shouted an obscenity and marched up the course to 'have a go' at us which is totally unacceptable behaviour.

I do not wish to take part in a public slanging match so will not be replying.
    Last edited by Liz; 07-Jan-14 at 19:43.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Okay firstly this was dealt with privately (where I apologised for mistakenly identifying Riggerboy as the person who aggressively confronted us) so no need to be brought on to a public forum but since you have now done this I will clarify the situation.

On the day in question we went for a walk on the course as there was only one golfer (which turned out be you) heading back to the clubhouse so we felt it was safe to cross over the course whereupon you shouted an obscenity and marched up the course to 'have a go' at us.

I do not wish to take part in a public slanging match so will not be replying.
    Reply or not. Those are not the facts. I did indeed walk back towards the clubhouse, after picking up balls and I was going to hit them back down the fairway.
    I repeatedly shouted to you and pointed you to move to the side but was ignored and you continued to walk straight down the fairway I was playing to.
    Yes I swore and came to confront you but your repeated actions had caused me to lose my temper. Given your arogance at your right to be there I thought I did well to keep it together as much as I did!

Quote Originally Posted by almo View Post
    Reply or not. Those are not the facts. I did indeed walk back towards the clubhouse, after picking up balls and I was going to hit them back down the fairway.
    I repeatedly shouted to you and pointed you to move to the side but was ignored and you continued to walk straight down the fairway I was playing to.
    Yes I swore and came to confront you but your repeated actions had caused me to lose my temper. Given your arogance at your right to be there I thought I did well to keep it together as much as I did!
    Okay sorry I know I said I wasn't going to reply but your comments have meant I have no choice.

You did NOT repeatedly shout (the first words we heard were obscenities)and we did NOT ignore you! We were trying to get over the course as we, quite rightly, assumed you had finished playing golf as you were heading back to the club house and it was getting dark. I may add that you hit the ball down the fairway when you must have seen us so could have injured us or our dog!

As for me being 'arrogant' that is not true. I was simply defending myself as your whole manner was so aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Unlike all of you, I'm not a lawyer, but your quoted law appears to say that people who do these terrible things on the course are not protected, by the Act, from your claims that they are not behaving responsibly. You can apply to the Civil courts to have them interdicted from dog walking on your golf course.

Good luck with that!
    Not being a solicitor either Sid I agree that is one option.
    That selfish attitude and your deliberate action to do what you want, in breach of the Act shows how it ruins the situation for those who can look out for more than just themselves.

Is this the Reiss course?

That's beside the beach. Why are people taking their dogs onto the golf course?

Okay sorry I know I said I wasn't going to reply but your comments have meant I have no choice.

You did NOT repeatedly shout (the first words we heard were obscenities)and we did NOT ignore you! We were trying to get over the course as we, quite rightly, assumed you had finished playing golf as you were heading back to the club house and it was getting dark. I may add that you hit the ball down the fairway when you must have seen us so could have injured us or our dog!

As for me being 'arrogant' that is not true. I was simply defending myself as your whole manner was so aggressive.
    On at least 3 occasions I shouted and both of you turned round. I then pointed to the side and you both just turned back round and continued straight down the fairway.
    Yes I hit a golf ball and I would never try to deliberately try to hit an animal or someone but I was on a golf course!!
    Where else do I have to go to hit a golf ball?

Yes it's Reiss. Where did you think it was?

I would have continued to play, if you go walking on a golf course you can expect to have to contend with golf balls
    W.A.T.P.

only time I would think anybody wanted to take dog across golf course would be at high tide when theres no room to walk on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    I would have continued to play, if you go walking on a golf course you can expect to have to contend with golf balls
    Which is why we only go when it is very quiet and keep away from the fairway. We aren't stupid enough to put ourselves in danger and have no desire to spoil anyone's game of golf.

Personally I only go there when the tide is in and there is no room to walk on the beach.

Personally I only go there when the tide is in and there is no room to walk on the beach.
    I hadn't thought of that.

Probably not the best time to go.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast