Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hungry House advert

Default Hungry House advert

Watched the Hungry house advert earlier boasting that even Astronauts in space were able to get a takeaway delivered by using their website. I went onto their site out of curiosity and entered my postcode. No surprises, they may be able to deliver to the moon, but not Caithness!!! Well it actually shows up that 2 businesses cover up here, but both of them are bogus? Unbelievable, you think they would check their capabilities before airing an ad with such outrageous claims??

m.i.sinclair is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of Troll)

Gosh, adverts which make outrageous claims...whatever next, the Pope proclaiming he's Catholic ?

I thought he was a muslim?
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.sinclair View Post
    Gosh, adverts which make outrageous claims...whatever next, the Pope proclaiming he's Catholic ?
    Complain to the ASA
    W.A.T.P.

Why would anyone want to order takeaway food through an intermediary? They are only going to take their commission. Have folk forgotten how to pick up a phone these days and speak to someone?

We have had two or so months of adverts about a cheil an a red suit with a beeg white beard coming, I never believed then either, and I was right, he never came near me. Meerkats selling car insurance, now thats one I am not so sure about. Who believes adverts?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Doesn't even work down here in the central belt - tried it and no nothing on anynumber suggested - think this is for peeps more south of the border or in the cities
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Admin/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Flying_Lion_Rampant.gif[/IMG]

Well... According to the website "Greasy Fried Squid in Marchal" will deliver to Castletown.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by KILTIECAULDBUM View Post
    Watched the Hungry house advert earlier boasting that even Astronauts in space were able to get a takeaway delivered by using their website. I went onto their site out of curiosity and entered my postcode. No surprises, they may be able to deliver to the moon, but not Caithness!!! Well it actually shows up that 2 businesses cover up here, but both of them are bogus? Unbelievable, you think they would check their capabilities before airing an ad with such outrageous claims??
    yip 'the greasy squid' sounds nice!! not!lol

Could that advert be referring to a point that its easier to deliver to out space than wick :0))