Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Now tv

Default Now tv

Has anyone got one of the now tv. Boxes which attach to the tv? Wondering whether the broadband is up to it up here?

If you live in Wick or Thurso then the exchanges are pretty decent for streaming movies and internet content but if you are in outlying areas, then i would suggest a trial or a loan box to see if its good enough. Lot of money to pay out only to find its buffering all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    If you live in Wick or Thurso then the exchanges are pretty decent for streaming movies and internet content but if you are in outlying areas, then i would suggest a trial or a loan box to see if its good enough. Lot of money to pay out only to find its buffering all the time
    All depends on what you call a lot of money. Even I could afford a Now Box on my Pension as they are only £9.99. The expensive bit comes when you download movies as you have to pay for them. Also the Now box is powered by SKY so it is really SKY you woul;d be paying for the Movies etc. You would be better off with a SKY Box and that way you can record.

https://shop.nowtv.com/?DCMP=KNC-Brand-

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Another nail in the coffin of useable broadband in the evening....