Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Phone call asking about delivery of BT Directory

Default Phone call asking about delivery of BT Directory

I had a phone call about 7pm. Very curt chap - no 'Good evening', didn't introduce himself - asking if I'd had a BT directory delivered. He then asked 'Is this [my address]?', said Thank You and hung up.

Has anyone else had this?

Quote Originally Posted by dortmunder View Post
    I had a phone call about 7pm. Very curt chap - no 'Good evening', didn't introduce himself - asking if I'd had a BT directory delivered. He then asked 'Is this [my address]?', said Thank You and hung up.

Has anyone else had this?
    I have'nt myself, but I know they do this because I worked for "The "Phone Book" when I was with BT. If I remember correctly, BT tender the contract out to a firm to deliver it. and unless it's changed, I think it's the company that's responsible for the delivery that will have contacted you.

Checking up on their drivers, perhaps? Guy could have been a bit more friendly...

Quote Originally Posted by dortmunder View Post
    Checking up on their drivers, perhaps? Guy could have been a bit more friendly...
    I agree, civility costs nothing ! Back in 2008, it cost the customer £10 for a replacement phone book, however if we got a few phone calls from the same area from people saying they had not received theirs, then the contractor ran the risk of not being paid.