Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Ronnie Biggs

Default Ronnie Biggs

I just heard on the radio that Ronnie Biggs has died, I thought he died years ago.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

He returned to uk due to his poor health, then tried to get out of prison due to failing health, Don't know if he managed to get out but it must be a good few years since he returned to uk due to health reasons.
    Always think it is strange that you get more time for nicking possessions than for murder, although in the great train robbery they did attack.
    Remember about 3 years after train robbery was shown where it happened, near Tring in Herts, felt creepy as all misty and foggy.
    Last edited by pat; 18-Dec-13 at 10:29.

Guys was a low life scumbag I don't understand why people get all excited about him. The world is better off without him

Cant say i relish the thought of anyone dying , but Biggs only returned to the uk as he could nt afford the medical care he needed in Rio. He enjoyed the best years of his life while sticking up two finger s at the british law enforcement agency s.
    He even fathered a child so he could nt be extradited . giving himself up only when the stolen money and his health ran out.
    Then led a cushy life in prison ...Getting all the free medical care he needed. . cant say i can respect him .no doubt the state will even have to foot the cost of his funeral .
    ironic aint it . he was laughing right up to end. Ragnar is correct the man was a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I just heard on the radio that Ronnie Biggs has died, I thought he died years ago.
    He was let out of prison as he was expected to die within the week but that was many years ago. Never heard any big uproar about it unlike a certain person in a Scottish prison who was released & sent home to die. It took him a wee bit longer than expected but no were near as long as Briggs. Wonder why the Scottish government were called lies & abuse heaped on them but no one critised the Westminster government.

When Biggs escaped from prison it was announced in assembly at infants school, (not sure why anyone thought he would rock up in South Wales), we where all told to be vigilant and keep an eye out for him.

When mam used to call us in from playing she used to say "Ronnie Biggs is about" and it would fetch in quick smart.

If ever a role model was needed to show how to waste a life, Ronnie Biggs was it. A numptie of the Nth degree. No doubt the criminal classes in the south-east of England will view him as some sort of legend. The truth is he was a 'taker' and never gave anything to society.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Why the media giving this degenerate air time is beyond me. Ok he died....end of.

Could it be publicity for the two television shows pending.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I'm glad he is dead. He was nothing but arrogant and smug. Not the brightest of criminals either by all accounts. It was only because his finger prints were found on a bottle of tomato ketchup that all the robbers were captured. Good riddance you scum bag.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Having watched last nights episode of the robbery and tonight's episode of the police side of the story I find one thing very disturbing.

The robbery took place in August and yet this was clearly filmed in the spring when the potatoes at the farm had only just been planted and the green on the trees were only just beginning to come out.

Don't these bleeding coppers know nuffing?

Low life, petty thieving scum. Good riddance.

Ronnie Biggs was a legend and will be long remembered for beating the system. He stuck two fingers up to the police and got away with it until it suited him to give himself up. The sentence the train robbers got was way over the top. Twice what murders were getting at the time. Good old Ronnie Biggs RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
    Ronnie Biggs was a legend and will be long remembered for beating the system. He stuck two fingers up to the police and got away with it until it suited him to give himself up. The sentence the train robbers got was way over the top. Twice what murders were getting at the time. Good old Ronnie Biggs RIP.
    This 'legend' was a failure all his life. He failed to hold down any job he was ever given, he failed in his marriage to his first wife, he failed his sons of that first marriage. He failed as a petty thief and he failed as a train robber. His only success was escaping from Wandsworth Prison and he had to have help to do that. After arriving in Brazil he failed to make a decent living and so lived in poverty in a pokey flat for many years. He cocked a snook at Britain because Britian didn't have an extradition treaty with Brazil - we should have left him there to 'enjoy' the prison of his own making. However Ronnie Biggs will be remembered for being a great role model for Failures and Losers.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou