Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Microsoft Works Calendar prob

Default Microsoft Works Calendar prob

When I try to open Microsoft Works Calendar I get an error message "Microsoft Works 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close".
    Word and Excel are OK. Running Windows XP. Calendar has been working OK for a long time. I've tried restarting the PC but to no avail. Any suggestions? (other than to get an up to date system)

Going by this page it can happen if the calendar database is marked as Read Only, or is corrupt. There are remedial actions shown on the same page, but if your calendar does turn out to be corrupted, you may have lost it's contents unless you back it up elsewhere

Thanks Bob - it looks frighteningly complicated but I'll think about trying the suggestions.

Couldn't make the suggested fixes work so I re-installed disc 1 of Works Suite and all is well - didn't even lose the calendar contents.