Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Rule

We've been neutered Linnie!

Would seem so - not entirely sure why!!

Probably for not using English.

Anyway, I still stand by my earlier, (removed), comment. I quite fancy being a McOligarch :-)

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    When Scotjand votes for an Independent future next September the 3 big questions Europe, NATO, and the pound will obviously be settled through negoitation. Nobody seriously believes Scotland would not be successful in gaining all 3.
    Can I just point out a small thing, 'Home Rule' & 'Independence' are two different things. Home Rule is where e.g Scotland has its own parliament, with powers over most things but with a overruling Parliament at Westminster, a type of Federal system. That was the Home Rule movement in the early 20th century, advocated by the Labour Party & Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    I know is only wild speculation (which is always good on here! ) in the Daily Mail, but there is an interesting paragraph in this report....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533846/Battle-stations-Navy-scrambles-destroyer-challenge-Russian-warship-British-coast-takes-24-hours-make-600-mile-journey-Portsmouth-base-Putin-testing-response-time.html

....saying;

‘The Russians may also be inspecting nuclear installations in Scotland, with a view towards the independence referendum. Certainly the Russians would see the country as more vulnerable if it were no longer part of Britain.
    ‘The approach was part of a pattern of behaviour, and the action is more threatening when considered in this context.

I was going to ask (but I could'nt translate it into Russian !!) Why are the Russians so interested in us, surely they would not consider Scotland to be a threat to them ?

Not invade but befriend. Haven,t you read Rogue Nation?
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Yes they befriend a newly independent Scotland before it joins the EU or NATO and send in peacekeeping troops to monitor the actions of football fans on a Saturday afternoon just in case :0))

Quote Originally Posted by billmoseley View Post
    Not invade but befriend. Haven,t you read Rogue Nation?
    I can't say I have Bill. I have just looked it up, but I'm not sure if this is the book you are meaning ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_Nation_%28book%29

When Scotjand votes for an Independent future next September the 3 big questions Europe, NATO, and the pound will obviously be settled through negoitation. Nobody seriously believes Scotland would not be successful in gaining all 3.
    Aye and the toothfairy will be in my house tonight , ITS NEVER GONA HAPPEN . so dream on

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    I can't say I have Bill. I have just looked it up, but I'm not sure if this is the book you are meaning ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_Nation_(book)
    try this one. http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/bo...tion-1-1353707
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Quote Originally Posted by billmoseley View Post
    Thanks Bill, that looks very interesting !

Have you anything else to add to this thread? A month has gone by since you started it and you've been quiet since then, aren't you going to counter people's arguments?

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Have you anything else to add to this thread? A month has gone by since you started it and you've been quiet since then, aren't you going to counter people's arguments?
    I think piratelassie is in the same boat as lybster111 ! no debate (argument) in them.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    I was going to ask (but I could'nt translate it into Russian !!) Why are the Russians so interested in us, surely they would not consider Scotland to be a threat to them ?
    Well, if the contents of the "Yes!" Newspaper Election Communication propaganda is anything to go by, we are awash with so much oil in the North Sea, that an independent Scotland can afford to pay everyone in Scotland a £600 bonus if they vote yes.

What puzzles me is why 30 years ago, you could hardly move in Scapa Flow for oil tankers with 3 or 4 or more in there at any one time. Now there are so few, that Orkney Towage are on the brink of winding up, as the 1 tanker or less a month brings in so little revenue for them. In fact, there seems to be more Russian Warships around than there are tankers. Would Pirate Lassie like to explain why?

Whoops wrong again!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Losers.......

Beks have you nothing better to do than dredge up old threads from 2 years ago? Surely you are more imaginative than that

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Beks have you nothing better to do than dredge up old threads from 2 years ago? Surely you are more imaginative than that
    Europe, NATO, the pound and oil volatility (collapse) are as relevant now as they were 2 years ago, although you could make the case that theyre slightly irrelevant as theres to be no indy2 until conditions are favourable and favourble conditions will be centred around answers to these core questions along with proven econonomic sustainablity.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Oh come on Squidge, I was simply pointing out that some people try so very hard to ram ideas down one's throat, so it's delightful to say "hang on a minute, you got that wrong didn't you" surely you are not saying It's wrong to point this out? I am sure Piratelassie can stick up for her/his self without you wading in to protect her/him - will it be yet another PM?. My actual wording below this pertains to the FACT that Scotland voted NO and the weasel words of those who deny that it was ever said: "another referendum will not be for another generation" and yet straightaway renege on what they said.. You as an English SNP member know that a Referendum is a 'reserved matter' and nothing - such as voting to leave EU etc can be a 'trigger'.. I think I will replay that Desert Island Discs one with ms Sturgeon retelling how she cried when it looked like it would be a big fat NO. Never mind IF the UK votes to come out of the EU, it's only a referendum, so we can always ignore the results and have another one, that's the Nationalist way isn't it?
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast