Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Marine A Petition

Default Free Marine A Petition

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56810

Whatever happens he won't be freed, but support here will hopefully help his appeal against a 10 year sentence

Is this the marine who killed an injured man?

Yes the one who knew exactly what he was doing. Discussed it with his co workers then murdered the guy.All while on the queens business.
    W.A.T.P.

Could you reduce the number of syllables in the thread title? It doesn't quite fit into the song!

"Free Marine A Campaign" would work.

all deleted
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 11-Dec-13 at 08:56.

Why do we still refer to Alexander Blackman as "Marine A" firstly his name is in the public doman, secondly he is not a marine.
    He is a convicted murderer who has had a Dishonourable Discharge from the Royal Marines.
    He is a disgrace to the armed forces of this country.
    W.A.T.P.

I feel the Marine was just a soldier doing his job, killing taliban terrorists, and should be set free.
    Orgers make more noise about the killing a pig in Reay, what the marine did was to put the terrorist out of his misery, cheaply and efficiently.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I feel the Marine was just a soldier doing his job, killing taliban terrorists, and should be set free.
    Orgers make more noise about the killing a pig in Reay, what the marine did was to put the terrorist out of his misery, cheaply and efficiently.
    Not according to his peers who found him guilty.
    He killed the man in cold blood, dress it any way you wish but that is how it is.
    W.A.T.P.

With respect Golach, did you hear the tape of the men talking before he shot the man? I have said this on another thread, but until I heard it, I would have probably felt the same, as in they had lost comrades, annoyed at that, one of them lost their temper and shot the man, after what the Armed Forces face every day out there, I could understand that. However, I listened to that tape (they could'nt show the video on tv, but I think the Jury saw it) and they were calmly discussing what they were going to do and laughing about it, presumably it was Alexander Blackman that told the other men that what he was going to do would be in contravention of the Geneva Convention. I have never been in the Armed Forces, I do respect and support them, but I cannot condone what that man did, and obviously neither could the people that found him guilty.

m.i.sinclair is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of Troll)

These are representative of the people your 'Help for Heroes' nonsense supports. If they weren't in the army they'd be in borstal or prison anyway.

all deleted
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 11-Dec-13 at 08:53.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    With respect Golach, did you hear the tape of the men talking before he shot the man? I have said this on another thread, but until I heard it, I would have probably felt the same, as in they had lost comrades, annoyed at that, one of them lost their temper and shot the man, after what the Armed Forces face every day out there, I could understand that. However, I listened to that tape (they could'nt show the video on tv, but I think the Jury saw it) and they were calmly discussing what they were going to do and laughing about it, presumably it was Alexander Blackman that told the other men that what he was going to do would be in contravention of the Geneva Convention. I have never been in the Armed Forces, I do respect and support them, but I cannot condone what that man did, and obviously neither could the people that found him guilty.
    50+ Royal Marines have been killed by the Taliban already, I dont see anyone here condeming the Taliban for not abiding to the Geneva conventions. Yes cptdodger I did hear the tape, it made not one bit of difference to me, I still support Sgt Blackman, he was doing his job, killing terrorists., and he did it well. This should never have come to a court, where all the pinko liberals jump on the bandwagon. I am not a lone voice in this issue, over 100,000 like me signed the petition to cut his sentence up to now.
    Last edited by golach; 10-Dec-13 at 22:51.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I feel the Marine was just a soldier doing his job, killing taliban terrorists, and what the marine did was to put the terrorist out of his misery, cheaply and efficiently.
    is that how you would feel if the taliban captured an injured marine, and subsequently executed him on the spot whilst laughing and joking with his taliban colleagues? and yes we all know the taliban like to torture and maime prisoners! but our soldiers are well trained and disciplined and generally lead by example. I am very proud of our armed forces and feel the act committed by this marine and the publicity surrounding it has not done our forces any favours. I think he is very lucky to have received a 10yr sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.sinclair View Post
    These are representative of the people your 'Help for Heroes' nonsense supports. If they weren't in the army they'd be in borstal or prison anyway.
    What utter, utter rubbish. Whether I agree with the Armed Forces being in Afghanistan or not, I have the choice to do that, they do not. These people sign up to serve their Queen and Country, and have NO choice as to where they are sent. This has cost a lot of men and women their lives, which they knew could happen when they signed up, but still did it anyway. THAT alone is bravery, because I know I could not do it. That was one man, out of thousands, who for whatever reason (only he knows) decided to take the wrong action, which he is rightly paying for now. I hold The British Armed Forces in high esteem, and that will not diminish because of one mans actions. That is a disgraceful comment to make.

Quote Originally Posted by m.i.sinclair View Post
    I guess giving to charity to help those who fought to keep this country safe and from invasion and through no fault of their own are now in need, is beyond you then?
    Did you join Caithness.org to have real, meaningful discussions or just to troll and incite argument? Or did you join up because you have no friends left to abuse due to your nasty and selfish demeanour? because you sound so bitter and cold that you are no doubt probably wrapped up in a double duvet and sat in front of a candle for heat.

I won't wish you a merry xmas nor a happy new year, instead i will donate £10 to the help for heroes charity in your name!

50+ Royal Marines have been killed by the Taliban already, I dont see anyone here condeming the Taliban for not abiding to the Geneva conventions. Yes cptdodger I did hear the tape, it made not one bit of difference to me, I still support Sgt Blackman, he was doing his job, killing terrorists., and he did it well. This should never have come to a civilian court, where all the pinko liberals jump on the bandwagon. I am not a lone voice in this issue, over 100,000 like me signed the petition to cut his sentence up to now.
    Of course, that's your opinion, which you are entitled to. I'm afraid listening to that tape, made me feel quite ill, but that's just me. I personally think the Taliban are inhuman, I could elaborate, but I would get banned from here. Just because I think it's right that Alexander Blackman is jailed for his actions, does not mean that I support the taliban in any way shape or form. However, if you are condoning his actions, then what separates our Armed Forces from them? The Geneva Convention, which I do'nt think the Taliban have exactly have signed up to. Also, It was a Court Martial made up of seven officers and warrant officers, that found him guilty, not civilians.

What that marine did was wrong, and he knew it. That taliban man was no longer a threat to those guys and they could and should have captured him and had him tried as per due process, but he decided to act as judge, jury and executioner. Being stressed and upset is no excuss for murder. Just because the taliban would do the same to our troops is no excuss for murder. He brings shame on the marines, he brings shame on the armed forces and he brings shame on the UK. This is not just a physical war, but it is also a polictical war and one where we must be seen to take the moral high ground in this situation. Quite frankly, I think he should be counting his lucky stars that he could be out in 10 years.

When the insurgent became incapacitated by the Apache he stopped being the enemy and became a POW.
    When Blackman pulled the trigger on the insurgent he stopped being a Royal Marine and became a murderer.
    W.A.T.P.

all deleted
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 11-Dec-13 at 08:56.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    When the insurgent became incapacitated by the Apache he stopped being the enemy and became a POW.When Blackman pulled the trigger on the insurgent he stopped being a Royal Marine and became a murderer.
    exactly! could not put it any better myself.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast