Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Winter Warmer- Meatballs for the Family

Default Winter Warmer- Meatballs for the Family

500g lean Dexter mince from
    1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
    1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
    1 chicken stock cube dissolved in water
    2 tbsp of hot water
    1 small apply, peeled and grated
    1/2 tsp Worcestershire source
    pinch of brown sugar
    salt and freshly ground pepper
    coating plain flour
    olive oil for frying

In a bowl combine all the ingredients except for the flour and olive oil. Use your hands to from the mixture into 24 walnut sized balls. Spread the flour on a plate and use to coat the meatballs.
    Warm the oil in a frying pan, add the meatballs and fry over a high heat for about 3 minutes, until browned on all sides. Lower the heat a little and fry for 12 minutes or until cooked through.

Cover the meatballs with a bolognese source, coat with mozzarella cheese and grill then server with pasta.

For the best lean mince and other fantastic locally produced beef visit where you can get beef from 3.50 a meal delivered to your door.

Cunning advertising!

orkneycadian nice to see you are still at it still got nothing nice to say. shame on you its a recipe

Well, to add my twopenn'orth - this is the finest mince I have tasted. I had stopped buying mince because it was often kind of grey-looking and with a weird smell. This meat is tasty, juicy and makes the best lasagne ever.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the mince, I am maybe biased but I noticed a massive difference on the quality of the mince. We have a family of 3 and our budgets are tight so I am now delighted that I can feed my family our own beef. I hope that we can continue to supply high quality beef to local customers and I hope that we can try and keep the prices affordable. The farm is now organic, although we have some costs that are higher I would really like to continue supplying local customers. My preference would be to keep advertising online to keep the costs lower for customers.

Looks like my family would love this.