Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Winter Warmer- Meatballs for the Family

Default Winter Warmer- Meatballs for the Family

500g lean Dexter mince from www.cairn-hill.co.uk
    1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
    1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
    1 chicken stock cube dissolved in water
    2 tbsp of hot water
    1 small apply, peeled and grated
    1/2 tsp Worcestershire source
    pinch of brown sugar
    salt and freshly ground pepper
    coating plain flour
    olive oil for frying

In a bowl combine all the ingredients except for the flour and olive oil. Use your hands to from the mixture into 24 walnut sized balls. Spread the flour on a plate and use to coat the meatballs.
    Warm the oil in a frying pan, add the meatballs and fry over a high heat for about 3 minutes, until browned on all sides. Lower the heat a little and fry for 12 minutes or until cooked through.

Cover the meatballs with a bolognese source, coat with mozzarella cheese and grill then server with pasta.

For the best lean mince and other fantastic locally produced beef visit www.cairn-hill.co.uk where you can get beef from £3.50 a meal delivered to your door.

Cunning advertising!

orkneycadian nice to see you are still at it still got nothing nice to say. shame on you its a recipe

Well, to add my twopenn'orth - this is the finest mince I have tasted. I had stopped buying mince because it was often kind of grey-looking and with a weird smell. This meat is tasty, juicy and makes the best lasagne ever.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the mince, I am maybe biased but I noticed a massive difference on the quality of the mince. We have a family of 3 and our budgets are tight so I am now delighted that I can feed my family our own beef. I hope that we can continue to supply high quality beef to local customers and I hope that we can try and keep the prices affordable. The farm is now organic, although we have some costs that are higher I would really like to continue supplying local customers. My preference would be to keep advertising online to keep the costs lower for customers.