Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: water damaged iphone 4

Default water damaged iphone 4

anyone up here that fixes water damaged iphones?

The water itself might not damage anything but the short circuits it causes can cause damage so that's why it should not get any power until it has been dried out. People report success with putting things in rice for a few days to dry them. I haven't tried it as I was able to get my daughter's walkman and my ipod touch open and dried them out with a hairdryer after they went in the washing machine. They are now both fine. A keitei that suffered the same fate and restoration treatment works but the screen didn't recover. Not a lot of use and no parts available of course.
    Have a look on you tube and ebay for iphone repair instructions, parts and opening tools. You might get lucky or the rice treatment might even work.
    if still problem resists take it to iphone repair center people over there surely understand your device better.