Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dr Who: Day of the Doctor

Default Dr Who: Day of the Doctor

I like Dotd but why wasn't Peter Cushing represented in the show as one of the doctors?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I like Dotd but why wasn't Peter Cushing represented in the show as one of the doctors?
    I wondered that myself, I found this on Wikipedia -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Who_%28Dalek_films%29

it was a film not the series that,s why they didn't include him i think, but it was a good film though

From what I have read, I think it was just based on the series. Peter Cushing was a human, a doctor and his surname was Who, he also travelled with two granddaughters and a niece. Also, as it was not done by the BBC, I think that's why he is not recognised as a "Doctor"!!

I asked a friend of mine who is a bit of a fan and his response was the two actors in Dr Who films don't count as real Doctors

Yes but Paul McGann was just in a film and he was there in Dotd. But the other question should be, why wasn't William Hartnell invited to play the part in the films? It was filmed before all that regeneration stuff anyway.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

The films with Peter Cushing were made by Amicus Productions, whereas Paul Mcgann's film was made by a collaboration between Fox, Universal Pictures, the BBC and BBC Worldwide. Also, Paul Mcgann regenerated from Sylvester McCoy. It just sounds to me the BBC does not recognise Peter Cushing as an official Doctor.

Watched this last week. I thought Christian Bale played the part very very well, Mark Wahlberg was good, but Christian stole the show.

9/10 for this film.