Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Garden Tips

Default Garden Tips

I use this tip i read a while back, it saves a lot of time
    Keep all your toilet roll and kitchen roll holders, fill up with compost and place your pea seeds in them, it saves so much time having to separate the roots, when they are ready to plant in ground just place the whole roll as the cardboard will rot itself.

Good tip Highlander, too late for the herbs but will try it with other seeds, thanks
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

That's a good idea. I was wondering what to do with all the roll ends now I know. They will be good for the sweetpeas. Some years I sow them in cells but last yera I was lazy and had them in trays and I hated having to pull them apart lol even though I still got a good show it would be better for planting doing them in the tubes. Thanks