Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Interesting article in the NSA and freedom of speech

Default Interesting article in the NSA and freedom of speech

hmm! I think ....... .. ...... . ...... .... ... ... ....... ..... .... .... censored for my protection .... . ..... .... .... ... ....... ... ... .. the lot of them!

Makes you think before you type !

Nothing to worry about really. Can't see how me gurning to the wife is going to be of interest actually.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Apparently much of the data the NSA trawls through is collected by our own GCHQ, who I'm sure also have a good gleg at it. Sorry, someone at the door...

I just can't get my head around why certain people and organisations feel it is their duty to compromise my safety for the sake of some never existed ideal of freedom to talk ballcocks.

This makes me very angry.

I don't mind if the security services occasionally snoop as I've nothing to hide but if I was dabbling in nefarious or illegal activities then I would be concerned. It's the price you pay for living in a safe society.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    I just can't get my head around why certain people and organisations feel it is their duty to compromise my safety for the sake of some never existed ideal of freedom to talk ballcocks.

This makes me very angry.
    You need to watch your blood pressure then, there are plenty of people who believe that freedom is or should be something more than an abstract idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarRocks View Post
    I don't mind if the security services occasionally snoop as I've nothing to hide but if I was dabbling in nefarious or illegal activities then I would be concerned. It's the price you pay for living in a safe society.
    Except that it isn't an occasional snoop, it's out of control and the people snooping are the same people who define what is nefarious or illegal.

Big Brother IS watching you!
    In this case, yer tellybox: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25018225

And if you connect anything to the internet, don't be so naive to think you have any privacy. If its not GCHQ or NSA seeing what your particular fetish is, the megacorps are collecting the data too.

Quote Originally Posted by wavy davy View Post
    You need to watch your blood pressure then, there are plenty of people who believe that freedom is or should be something more than an abstract idea.
    Well they are wrong.