Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone lookin forward to this lot arriving ?

It is not very often I agree with you Kodiak, BT well said. The vast majority of immigrants are hard working and honest.
    Without the infux of immigrant's in the 50's and 60' s the NHS would have collapsed. Similarly today it is a proven fact that most of the low paid jobs in the restaurant and crop picking industries are taken by immigrant workers, because native UK workers will not work for the low wages on offer.
    Another point to consider is that in some countries the Western World cherry picks the best of the natural talent, and fast tracks them through the immigration process, thus leaving their original country with a skills shortage which harmpers their efforts in becoming a country less reliant on Foreign Aid.
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by wavy davy View Post

Variety and newcomers? I'm sure some of them will be decent hardworking people. I'm equally sure that the cops are going to have their hands full with the rest.

I'd stick with what we got, Teuchters, English, Poles, Pakistanis, Chinese et al., if I had the choice, but I don't.
    Quite an amusing comment, it's like living in London and saying that all Scottish people are a bunch of crooks. Back in the early 80's there was an influx of Scot's from the "bad side" of Glasgow into certain areas of London..... they found employment as doormen in strip joints, brothels, nightclubs etc. and some of them were just plain old crooks...... having said that, there was also a very large influx of "Good" Scot's..... same with the Irish, the majority of them were decent people but a few of them were IRA and planted bombs all over the place..... to brand an entire population of a country as a bunch of crooks is just ridiculous. It's the same as a "few" people in Scotland who still think the "English" are the enemy, my god some people really do need to get out and about, do a bit of travelling and realise that there are good and bad people wherever you go. One of the nicest blokes I ever met was from Bulgaria and he was as straight and honest as you'll get..... Caithness really could do with a bit of variation, a bit of spicing up, and I am all for welcoming new people to the area with an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    I will bet that the majority of these people will be better educated, and better mannered, than some of the idiot's that post on this forum
    Oh I remember you, the wee Liverpool fan that hated fergie, well the feelings mutual

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    well. just hope you ll still be saying that if they get housed right next door to you. good luck on that one then
    Given some of the posts on here......I am kinda glad I have just moved out of Caithness.........because I'm not going ever to be housed anywhere near any of you.

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    fair enough , hope your wish comes true .
    ps. just part of an article in the Mail on line. could this be your new neighbours .
    Since EU borders were opened up in 2004, 1,114,368 Eastern Europeans have uprooted to live in England
    Until now, migrants from the two former communist nations (officially barred from working or claiming benefits in Britain until the freedom of movement rule comes in on January 1, 2014) have neatly exploited a gaping loophole in the EU rules.
    It allows Bulgarians and Romanians claiming to be self-employed to get a British national insurance number and a raft of hand-outs, including housing and child benefit.
    Many of the new arrivals have worked hard, cornering the market in car-wash companies, for instance.
    But others are less industrious, and include Roma gipsies who, remarkably, now sell a third of all copies of the Big Issue.
    Even selling one copy a week of the magazine (created to help the British homeless) miraculously gives them self-employed status and allows them to beg with impunity outside shops and on street corners.
    Bulgarian and Romanian incomers have been blamed by police in their own countries and in Britain for a massive rise in organised crime, including the trafficking of children to Britain to beg, pickpocket, milk state benefits and even enter the sex trade.
    And which country's Government was too sodding thick/incompetent/brain dead (and any other epithet indicating a complete lack of intelligence) to set up a benefits system which couldn't be abused? Ooops..that would be ours, it appears, given it looks as if everybody would rather come here than anywhere else in the EU.....so why blame punters for taking advantage of our Government's utter incompetence?

But that would be another facet of the Westminster "Blame Game" bought into by so many who read the red-tops...the punter is always to blame for anything that goes wrong......and the Government who set up the legal rules/requirements which allows punters to take advantage are never to blame for anything!

Have any of you got a forelock left to tug, or has it already been pulled out at the roots?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Given some of the posts on here......I am kinda glad I have just moved out of Caithness.........because I'm not going ever to be housed anywhere near any of you.
    Nice one!

And which country's Government was too sodding thick/incompetent/brain dead (and any other epithet indicating a complete lack of intelligence) to set up a benefits system which couldn't be abused? Ooops..that would be ours, it appears, given it looks as if everybody would rather come here than anywhere else in the EU.....so why blame punters for taking advantage of our Government's utter incompetence?

But that would be another facet of the Westminster "Blame Game" bought into by so many who read the red-tops...the punter is always to blame for anything that goes wrong......and the Government who set up the legal rules/requirements which allows punters to take advantage are never to blame for anything!

Have any of you got a forelock left to tug, or has it already been pulled out at the roots?
    I am thinking they are all brain dead! definately followers, like sheep to the slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser_soze View Post
    Oh I remember you, the wee Liverpool fan that hated fergie, well the feelings mutual
    Excuse me for interrupting but who is / was fergie?

At least if they come to Caithness, they'll keep the coppers busy. Other than that they will provide manpower helping erect the windfarms.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

i guess it wont be long before we end up like Greece , a country on it s knees . bankrupt.
    im all for people trying to better themselves , but not at the expense of others.
    even if these people had some kind of skills other than begging .
    any way were almost the poor man of europe . might come to the stage that when Romania is empty , us brits can go there . guess the weather woild be better.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    at least if they come to caithness, they'll keep the coppers busy. Other than that they will provide manpower helping erect the windfarms.
    lol they d more n likely steal the windfarms for the scrap value.

And which part of that Daily Fail diatribe is, to the people with the ability to think for themselves, really a condemnation of the punters who take advantage of the fact that our politicians in the UK couldn't hold a drinks party in a brewery with an abundance of beer, and still ensure that everybody got their fair share of the alcohol? I read it more as a condemnation of our UK politicians who are so incompetent that they are incapable of producing any policy which works the way the theories on which they base them claimed they would?

The Daily Fail, as is its wont, does not say that EU Nationals are restricted for three months after arriving in the UK....and if, in that three months, they have not worked, they are not entitled to social housing or social security benefits....but hey.that doesn't make as good a story as finding families who are hoping to come over and sponge off us......does it?

Now, given the fact that on here there is often whining about those UK born and bred citizens,and their families, who claim benefits and live in social housing despite having never worked, have no intentions of working and who reproduce to ensure income increases..I do kinda struggle to work out why there is such an objection to others coming here legally and having to actually work at something before latching on to the UK teat.

Come on people....zero hours contacts are, in our brave new world, "a job"...just as selling the "Big Issue" has become "a job"...I'd not be at all surprised nowadays if begging is not also "a job" according to our Government (after all, it can sometimes bring in some money)....so anyone who comes in and "works" at our "non-job" jobs is entitled to claim benefits...........and I fail to see why they can be blamed for taking advantage of our crap systems. any more than I can see why we should be blaming our own nationals for doing the same. After all......nobody claiming benefits, wherever their origins, dreamed up and implemented our welfare system...that was, is and always will be, down to our brain-dead politicians.....who struggle to see past the ends of the noses they have firmly planted in their remuneration/expenses/pension trough.

But maybe someone can explain the errors in my way of thinking to me?

But maybe someone can explain the errors in my way of thinking to me?
    Sorry, this is a public forum, not a psychiatrists surgery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12