Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone lookin forward to this lot arriving ?

Default Anyone lookin forward to this lot arriving ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Blunkett.html

Seems like theyve already ruined parts of Glasgow, coming to a town near you soon, Its got to be Wick , Thurso just wouldnt get this sort of classic scum in their midst

Yes , i read another report in the sun newspaper that from January 1rst 28 million Bulgarians & Slovakians are elligible to come to Britain and claim benefits . some of them were interviewed and admitted that they were gangs of thieves & burglars , that a forwarding party were already here in place checking out the good spots and what benefits can be gotten.
    they said that they were not afraid of our jail s as life in them was much cushier than their life where they are now.
    J.H.C. WHERE THINGS ARE BAD NOW , IT S GONNA GET WORSE. MUCH MUCH WORSE.
    Surely now is the time to shut the door ,and take a stance like Australia has taken. (but of course their not in the eec ???)

The Daily Mail readers are alive and kicking I see.
    What next, BNP/SDL protest marches in Caithness?
    Numerous studies (not funded by the Daily Mail) have proven that migration is beneficial to the UK, and if Salmond succeeds in taking the country out of the UK then Scotland will need all the help it can get in rebuilding its economy
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

http://news.sky.com/story/1164087/im...x-boost-to-ukI

I posted this link on another thread for information should anyone be interested in this study and it's outcome regarding migrants.No big scaremongering playing to the fears of the public headlines just a wee study looking at facts.

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    Yes , i read another report in the sun newspaper that from January 1rst 28 million Bulgarians & Slovakians are elligible to come to Britain and claim benefits .
    28 Million, Don't make me laugh it is the SUN winding you up again.

Current Population of Slovakia is just under 5.5 Million
    Current Population of Bulgaria is Only 7.3 Million

So the entire Population of BOTH Countries is Only 12.8 Million. So 28 Million is rubbish. I do not know about you, but somehow I can not see the whole population of both countries deciding to come to the UK.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=population+bulgaria

http://countrymeters.info/en/Slovakia/

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

no your perfectly right. Kodiak, but you can be sure it ll be the scum that .ll want to be coming here.

If we vote for independence and therefore aren't in the EU what happens to them all? do they become illegals?

Quote Originally Posted by emmz View Post
    If we vote for independence and therefore aren't in the EU what happens to them all? do they become illegals?
    doubt it , they ll already be here by then , and with human right s etc as it is . would take forever to sort it out if ever.

no your perfectly right. Kodiak, but you can be sure it ll be the scum that .ll want to be coming here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser_soze View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Blunkett.html

Seems like theyve already ruined parts of Glasgow, coming to a town near you soon, Its got to be Wick , Thurso just wouldnt get this sort of classic scum in their midst
    doubt it , they ll already be here by then , and with human right s etc as it is . would take forever to sort it out if ever.
    I will bet that the majority of these people will be better educated, and better mannered, than some of the idiot's that post on this forum
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    I will bet that the majority of these people will be better educated, and better mannered, than some of the idiot's that post on this forum
    In total agreement with you there

well. just hope you ll still be saying that if they get housed right next door to you. good luck on that one then

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    In total agreement with you there
    (and the same to you.)

well. just hope you ll still be saying that if they get housed right next door to you. good luck on that one then

I thought, by the way that you and Keyzer... were hyperventilating, that they were all moving into your area.
    Last edited by Anfield; 13-Nov-13 at 19:38.

(and the same to you.)

Aye, well they might be better than the neighbour I currently have..native to the area, think they are something they clearly are not, nor ever have been, nor are likely to become..an intelligent person coming to live next door to me would be most welcome regardless of their origin.

Aye, well they might be better than the neighbour I currently have..native to the area, think they are something they clearly are not, nor ever have been, nor are likely to become..an intelligent person coming to live next door to me would be most welcome regardless of their origin.
    fair enough , hope your wish comes true .
    ps. just part of an article in the Mail on line. could this be your new neighbours .
    Since EU borders were opened up in 2004, 1,114,368 Eastern Europeans have uprooted to live in England
    Until now, migrants from the two former communist nations (officially barred from working or claiming benefits in Britain until the freedom of movement rule comes in on January 1, 2014) have neatly exploited a gaping loophole in the EU rules.
    It allows Bulgarians and Romanians claiming to be self-employed to get a British national insurance number and a raft of hand-outs, including housing and child benefit.
    Many of the new arrivals have worked hard, cornering the market in car-wash companies, for instance.
    But others are less industrious, and include Roma gipsies who, remarkably, now sell a third of all copies of the Big Issue.
    Even selling one copy a week of the magazine (created to help the British homeless) miraculously gives them self-employed status and allows them to beg with impunity outside shops and on street corners.
    Bulgarian and Romanian incomers have been blamed by police in their own countries and in Britain for a massive rise in organised crime, including the trafficking of children to Britain to beg, pickpocket, milk state benefits and even enter the sex trade.
    Last edited by jacko; 13-Nov-13 at 20:01.

fair enough , hope your wish comes true .
    ps. just part of an article in the Mail on line. could this be your new neighbours .
    Since EU borders were opened up in 2004, 1,114,368 Eastern Europeans have uprooted to live in England
    Until now, migrants from the two former communist nations (officially barred from working or claiming benefits in Britain until the freedom of movement rule comes in on January 1, 2014) have neatly exploited a gaping loophole in the EU rules.
    It allows Bulgarians and Romanians claiming to be self-employed to get a British national insurance number and a raft of hand-outs, including housing and child benefit.
    Many of the new arrivals have worked hard, cornering the market in car-wash companies, for instance.
    But others are less industrious, and include Roma gipsies who, remarkably, now sell a third of all copies of the Big Issue.
    Even selling one copy a week of the magazine (created to help the British homeless) miraculously gives them self-employed status and allows them to beg with impunity outside shops and on street corners.
    Bulgarian and Romanian incomers have been blamed by police in their own countries and in Britain for a massive rise in organised crime, including the trafficking of children to Britain to beg, pickpocket, milk state benefits and even enter the sex trade.
    And who was it that opened the doors to the British isles?

And who was it that opened the doors to the British isles?
    lol. sure was,nt me .. go n blame someone else.

x2 This place could do with some variety and newcomers to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine-Dream View Post
    x2 This place could do with some variety and newcomers to the area.
    A bit of research on these countries in terms of demographics, crime rates, unemployment etc is quite illuminating. Add the amount of crime they are already responsible for in this country and I'm not sure that I share your sentiment.

I made the acquaintance of a couple of them on the Tube. Didn't feel a thing as they took my wallet from a zipped pocket. By the time I had finished with the cops I was stuck in London overnight with nowt but loose change in my pocket. The cop asked for a description - I told them what I remembered and added that from their accents I thought they were French. The cop shook his head - nah Romanians said he. And so it turned out to be, they got three months. So maybe I'm prejudiced?

Variety and newcomers? I'm sure some of them will be decent hardworking people. I'm equally sure that the cops are going to have their hands full with the rest.

I'd stick with what we got, Teuchters, English, Poles, Pakistanis, Chinese et al., if I had the choice, but I don't.

All I can say to the comments that the UK is about to be flooded with Thousands if not Millions of Criminals from Slovakia & Bulgaria is Claptrap. Sure there will be some who might be classed as a criminal. but there are quite a few of these in Caithness as well. No matter where you go in the world you will find unsavory people, but the Vast Majority of people are good honest folk who just want to work to earn a living and survive.

To brand every person from one country as a Malefactor is Disgusting. Slovakia and Bulgaria are just like any other county as they will have both good and bad people. What is also true is that the Vast Majority of these people will be good hard working citizens.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast