Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Delta search engine

Default Delta search engine

Hi, i somehow downloaded this highly annoying search engine through a video player download, there was nothing to say this was part of the download when doing so, i have scanned with malwarebytes and spybot of which they removed around 80 bits of malware and adware, but when i open firefox or chrome it still goes directly to the Delta search engine and nothing seems to get rid of it, i have deleted it as a search engine in my chrome settings but makes no difference, i don't trust this software at all, any help to get shot of it totally would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Hopper,

What you've done so far is spot on. I'd suggest running these scans again in Safe Mode though, and turning off your WiFi/disconnect from net when you open your web browsers after the scans to manually change any references to the offending articles before going back online. Also check your extensions/plugins in the browsers to see if there's anything in there.

Give me a shout if that doesn't sort it, happy to help further.

-Graham

Laptop and desktop computer repairs, upgrades & sales
    Call-out service available throughout Caithness or drop off at our office in Thurso
    Tel: 07576 965 508 • www.caithnesscomputers.co.uk • facebook.com/CaithnessComputers

combofix from bleeping computer site

download it to your desktop

restart the pc in safemode [keep hitting f8 key on start up]

select safemode with networking from list.

double click combofix on your desktop

ignore the anti virus warning

sitback and wait.
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs