Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Y Polyn

Default Y Polyn

This is indeed a great restaurant and run by a young man from Wick. If you happen to be passing then
    I highly recommend eating here.
    from The Times -

20. Y Polyn
    Capel Dewi, Carmarthenshire; British, modern; price pp £43
    Capel Dewi, Carmarthenshire, SA32 7LH
    01267 290000; ypolynrestaurant.co.uk
    Y Polyn is, from the outside, a pretty whitewash and timber country pub. Inside there are homely wooden tables, terracotta tiled flooring, fresh flowers dotted about and bookshelves packed to the brim in case you fancy settling in for the afternoon. The menu is high-quality local ingredients, done simply and allowed to shine through. Lunch could be middle white pork sausages with caramelised apples, dinner Isle of Skye scallops with crispy Carmarthen ham and a lemon and chive dressing, followed by a daube of Ferryside saltmarsh lamb. Home-made bread and water are included in the price, and booking is essential, particularly for weekend tables. Make an after-lunch detour to the National Botanic Gardens of Wales. In a place where the staff wear T-shirts which read “fat equals flavour — live with it” — you might need to walk off your lunch.
    What you said: “excellent local produce, cooked with imagination”

Tilly Teckel Guest

Mmmmmm, think I might check this place out when I go home to Wales for Christmas