Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: iPhone 4s Wifi problem

Default iPhone 4s Wifi problem

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had WiFi or Bluetooth problems on their iPhone, after upgrading to ios7? Now my WiFi wont turn on, and Bluetooth just searches forever! Anyone have any ideas? I've tried the usual, network reset, and restore through iTunes, but no luck.

Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Thanks for that. It looks like its more than just me then! Sent phone for Vodafone to look at, and they quoted £150 to fix. They are having a laugh, I'll just see if anyone can do it locally for me. I think the WiFi card needs replaced!

There has been a similar problem reported with every version of iOS ever released, back to 1.1. Indeed, some of the people who reported it for 6.1.3 say that 7.0 fixed the problem. Usually it is a software configuration issue, and can be fixed by a clean install as a new phone if nothing else works (such as Reset Network Settings and Reset All Settings). Sometimes it is a hardware issue, and the upgrade somehow aggravated an existing problem.

That tip leaves out a few solutions that have anecdotally worked. The first I have no problem with; the others I would be very cautious with. If the phone is in warranty I would take it to an Apple store for replacement rather than try them.

1. Remove the SIM. Reboot the phone (hold HOME and SLEEP until an Apple logo appears). Try WiFi. Reinsert the SIM.
    2. Put the phone in a plastic bag in a freezer for about 10 minutes.
    3. Heat the phone with a hair dryer for a couple of minutes.
    4. Open the phone, resolder the WiFi chip (don't try this at home).
    Atif Naser

Is the wifi toggle grayed out ? If so the wifi on the device is broken. There is no fix for this.
    Your options are.
    1 claim in any insurance that you have for the device. This could even be home insurance if it covers your devices.
    2 make an appointment at a Apple store for them to have a look at the device. They might offer you a replacement device at a cost .
    3 buy a new device.
    4 restore the device to new with iTunes don't restore from a backup.( pray that this fixes it)
    If this doesn't work see the other 3 options..
    There is nothing esle that can be done if the toggle is grayed out.