Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pawn Brokers/Pay Day loan business in Wick

Quote Originally Posted by colingel View Post
    Best of luck with your venture Cashpoint
    Thank you very much, its much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by bluemafia View Post
    Pray tell, Can somebody tell me where in Wick?
    We will be opening
    10am Thursday 14th November

CASH POINT

DO YOU NEED CASH FAST?
    It's easy!
    You bring it - We buy it - You buy it back again!
    Bring your everyday items of value to us.
    We’ll buy your items from you for instant cash.
    You walk away with money
    and the assurance of being able to buy back
    the goods within 28 days.
    Quick & easy service.
    A storage and handling fee applies.
    Proof of ID and address required.
    OPEN THUR, FRI, SAT 10am - 5pm
    45 Dempster St, Wick, Caithness
    KW1 5QB
    01955 605411
    we buy
    gold, silver,jewellery,collectables,
    ...................and much much more.................
    IF WE CAN VALUE IT WE CAN ACCEPT IT
    ...............why not give us a try?....................

Nothing about high interest "payday" loans in the post above.

All I have against pawn shops is that their selling-on prices in the window always look too high.

Can't really be too high, or nothing would sell.
    Last edited by sids; 02-Nov-13 at 12:08.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    no it seems some people only see things that they want to see

Quote Originally Posted by wicker View Post
    Not impressed with this shop opening and hope that it will be buying and selling legally as have horrible feeling there will be more thefts and break ins to peoples homes and peoples stuff being sold to them.
    Will never use this shop to buy anything as its profiting from others misfortunes
    how do you come to the conclusion that these people are criminals and will recieve stolen goods. if you were not so quick in judgeing you would know that none of what youve said is right as you have to have identification passport driving license ect why not stop knocking new businesses you know nothing about and do some thing more constructive maybe put your money together with the people on here complaining and give interest free loans to the poor

Well said @justlikethat, it is good to some sense spoken on a forum post. I am sure before this thread is done, it will revert to the usual name calling and rudeness that the org seems to attract. Good luck to Cashpoint and all who sell in her!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by radiohead View Post
    Well said @justlikethat, it is good to some sense spoken on a forum post. I am sure before this thread is done, it will revert to the usual name calling and rudeness that the org seems to attract. Good luck to Cashpoint and all who sell in her!!!!
    Thank you very much , its much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    you're right, most of them are fine and in some cases better and easier to deal with than the bank

maybe i'm just being suspicious, but this business doesn't sound like a bona fide pawnbrokers business, but rather a fly by night operation

if i'm wrong cashpoint ... prove it

- what are your interest rates ?
    - can a person extend the loan period beyond 28 days ?
    - are you a member of the National Pawnbrokers Association ?
    - are you even a registered company ?
    were do you get of to try to ruin a persons business before it is open. calling it fly by night. why dont you get together with WICKER and give interest free loans to the poor people of wick and i bet you dont even know the people you have slurred

you're right, most of them are fine and in some cases better and easier to deal with than the bank
    so was the contradictory post of"i know it's a sign of the times, but the new Cashpoint business opening in Wick is a depressing one" just a poor attempt at trolling then?

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Considering I had not seen the massive advert above. I was commenting on the title of the thread - "Pawn Brokers / Pay Day Loan Business In Wick"

So no Cashpoint I was not only seeing things I wanted to see - I read it.

Default Gold and silver

You can get much better prices for your gold and silver than these shops will give you if you do your homework. They are charging you a large handling fee. Depends how fast you want money I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by justlikethat! View Post
    how do you come to the conclusion that these people are criminals and will recieve stolen goods. if you were not so quick in judgeing you would know that none of what youve said is right as you have to have identification passport driving license ect why not stop knocking new businesses you know nothing about and do some thing more constructive maybe put your money together with the people on here complaining and give interest free loans to the poor
    I didn't complain just put my worries across as have others, can't blame people for thinking that the small criminal minority in Caithness will see this as an opportunity, if company all legal then nothing to worry about business wise but still can't help thinking petty criminals will still see it as a chance.
    I am one of the poor people (who has been broken into previously). I wouldn't want to use these companies that's my personal choice but you crack on if that be your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by CashPoint View Post
    so was the contradictory post of"i know it's a sign of the times, but the new Cashpoint business opening in Wick is a depressing one" just a poor attempt at trolling then?
    how is it either contradictory or trolling? your business is a sad sign of the times, i'd think the same if another charity shop opened up.

you want a forum were everyone agrees and tells each other how brilliant they are ?

oh, and the reason i think you're a cowboy operation is that you've lifted mosted of your blurb straight from the cashgenerator's website ... or are you part of the cachgenerator franchise ?

@rogermellie, surely, as you have obviously had enough spare time to go trolling, you would have found this wording in most businesses of this types "blurb". It is part of the code they operate too.

Maybe we should have a forum where everybody tells posters what pompous and ill informed asses they are, when they talk rubbish.

We've got one - apart from the "when they talk rubbish" bit.

Quote Originally Posted by smithp View Post
    You can get much better prices for your gold and silver than these shops will give you if you do your homework. They are charging you a large handling fee. Depends how fast you want money I suppose.
    Sorry but have I missed something? Do you know if 'cash point' IS charging a large handling fee?

Lots of interesting comments and some of them quite unjustified. Personally I think a Pawnbroker in Wick is a good idea, the only thing I would say against it is that you are opening Wick, I think you should have opened in Thurso.

Joking aside I wish you all the best in this endeavour and I am positive you will be a great success. Mind you I still think you would have done better in Thurso.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    Considering I had not seen the massive advert above. I was commenting on the title of the thread - "Pawn Brokers / Pay Day Loan Business In Wick"

So no Cashpoint I was not only seeing things I wanted to see - I read it.
    I was actually referring to rogermellie

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Lots of interesting comments and some of them quite unjustified. Personally I think a Pawnbroker in Wick is a good idea, the only thing I would say against it is that you are opening Wick, I think you should have opened in Thurso.

Joking aside I wish you all the best in this endeavour and I am positive you will be a great success. Mind you I still think you would have done better in Thurso.
    Thank you very much, its much appreciated

you want a forum were everyone agrees and tells each other how brilliant they are ?
    No just one where people have a reason before slagging someones business off

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast