Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pawn Brokers/Pay Day loan business in Wick

Default Pawn Brokers/Pay Day loan business in Wick

i know it's a sign of the times, but the new Cashpoint business opening in Wick is a depressing one

sell your stuff on the org and get a better price

but with a pawn brokers you can get your stuff back and cheaper than a pay day loan if you sell it and want to replace it when your back on your feet you will have to pay more to re purchase it . we all find our selfs in a tight corner at times this just gives people a way of sorting them selfs out with out getting in more debt , as you say a sign of the times but pawn brokers have benn about for years not like pay day loans that just are a racket with the intrest they charge.

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    i know it's a sign of the times, but the new Cashpoint business opening in Wick is a depressing one

I might be wrong in thinking this, but was the Government not trying to crack down on pay day loan shops ?

Not impressed with this shop opening and hope that it will be buying and selling legally as have horrible feeling there will be more thefts and break ins to peoples homes and peoples stuff being sold to them.
    Will never use this shop to buy anything as its profiting from others misfortunes

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    but with a pawn brokers you can get your stuff back and cheaper than a pay day loan if you sell it and want to replace it when your back on your feet you will have to pay more to re purchase it . we all find our selfs in a tight corner at times this just gives people a way of sorting them selfs out with out getting in more debt , as you say a sign of the times but pawn brokers have benn about for years not like pay day loans that just are a racket with the intrest they charge.
    I know what you're saying, but until we know the interest rate cashpoint charge then in my opinion there's no difference between the 2

They both profit off the poor and needy ... unlike the banks lol

Some of them cant be that bad. my wife had a load of unused and some broken jewellery , i gathered the lot up and one time we were in Glasgow i took it to a pawn shop that bought old gold. Was pleasantly surprised when they gave me
    £1,780 for it. Was just lying around the house anyway

Pray tell, Can somebody tell me where in Wick?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemafia View Post
    Pray tell, Can somebody tell me where in Wick?
    Dempster street ,

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    Some of them cant be that bad. my wife had a load of unused and some broken jewellery , i gathered the lot up and one time we were in Glasgow i took it to a pawn shop that bought old gold. Was pleasantly surprised when they gave me
    you're right, most of them are fine and in some cases better and easier to deal with than the bank

maybe i'm just being suspicious, but this business doesn't sound like a bona fide pawnbrokers business, but rather a fly by night operation

if i'm wrong cashpoint ... prove it

- what are your interest rates ?
    - can a person extend the loan period beyond 28 days ?
    - are you a member of the National Pawnbrokers Association ?
    - are you even a registered company ?

More to the point, Cashpoint. are you looking for staff, as I am in need of a good, customer facing role.

Default Right or Wrong

It's market forces that will dictate if this type of business will survive in Wick or not and as long as it's run within the law then good luck to them. I'm sure there are many god fearing Christians in the parish that find alcohol and pubs abhorrent, but if they are run within the law then they have to live with them.

There has been more then a few times in my lifetime that I could have done with a short term solution to a financial problem and such an establishment might have been the answer, instead I have had to prostitute myself.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    I might be wrong in thinking this, but was the Government not trying to crack down on pay day loan shops ?
    yes and rightly so!

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    yes exactly!

yes much better to see empty run down shops then?

Quote Originally Posted by wicker View Post
    Not impressed with this shop opening and hope that it will be buying and selling legally as have horrible feeling there will be more thefts and break ins to peoples homes and peoples stuff being sold to them.
    Will never use this shop to buy anything as its profiting from others misfortunes
    if you have any concerns regarding any legalities with this business please contact Wick police station, as they are more than happy with our proof of ownership/id recording measures
    Last edited by CashPoint; 02-Nov-13 at 00:30.

I know what you're saying, but until we know the interest rate cashpoint charge then in my opinion there's no difference between the 2

They both profit off the poor and needy ... unlike the banks lol
    I will be pleased to discuss any questions about my business with any genuine potential customers.

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    exactly there is good and bad in everything

Best of luck with your venture Cashpoint

but rather a fly by night operation
    and why is that exactly?

if i'm wrong cashpoint ... prove it
    as I have already said I will discuss anything about my business and answer any questions from Genuine interested potential customers, but you are clearly not one

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    It's market forces that will dictate if this type of business will survive in Wick or not and as long as it's run within the law then good luck to them. I'm sure there are many god fearing Christians in the parish that find alcohol and pubs abhorrent, but if they are run within the law then they have to live with them.

There has been more then a few times in my lifetime that I could have done with a short term solution to a financial problem and such an establishment might have been the answer, instead I have had to prostitute myself.
    Thank you for your open minded post,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast