Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: seeds

Default seeds

Just planted marigolds, sunflowers, tomatoes and some herbs. Anyone else planted anything yet?

You have a big variety. I'm doing tatties, broccoli, beetroot, spring onions, several salad leaves, a few new herbs although I have a well extablished herb bed, carrots in pails, tatties in black bags too and maybe some peppers in pots. I don't usually do outdoor tomatoes except sometimes I put the pots out in the really good weather if we get any lol. I'm a big sweetpea fan so I'll have a lot of them in 3 areas of the garden, like them for cut flowers. I'm also doing a big sunflower display along a wall I do every year. I'm experimenting with pumpkins and squashes too. I'm going to do some augmentum i think it's called, did it last year, lovely luminous blue.
    I inherited a well established garden 3 years ago so lots of good shrubs and loads of bulbs, they are everywher, trying to lift them for last two years to thin and clear some bits.
    I've got a good size garden but it needs a lot of heavy work done that I can't do so have to rely on folk.I've got the vision but not the manpower lol.
    Other than that just whatever takes my fancy as the months go on. I like informal planting, veg in with flowers etc whatever looks quaint or unusual. I've got loads of wild yellow poppies so keep thinnning them out. Have a BIG bag of seed I collected if you want some.

Hi Sweetpea! I haven't really started yet, but hubby bought me some seeds as an early Valentine's pressie. So, right now I've got:

peas
    sweet pepper
    spinach
    cherry tomato
    Italian mix leaf salad
    salad onion
    sprouting broccoli
    cucumber
    pumpkin
    sweet corn
    onions
    potatoes

I'm going to read through the instructions and see what I can start off inside, and then I need to get going on sorting the patch in the garden. I've been waiting until it isn't so wet out there, but I could be waiting forever at this rate!

Hope you have better luck with your pumkins than I've had. Tried them a couple of times now but not sure where I'm going wrong. I planted them 3 seeds to a pot with seeds on thier sides, got them up to plants ready to go out but then they didn't come to anything outside. Think they might be better in a glass house.
    I've got a long strip that I use for veg and I plant some in pots, buckets, bags or whatever and some among flowerbeds. The ground is a bit wet but I turned my patch last week and it looks better at least.

I have sowed all my herb seeds ready to go out when the weather gets warmer
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Woolies are selling seeds "buy one get one free". They are Mr Fothergill's.

Quote Originally Posted by stratman View Post
    Woolies are selling seeds "buy one get one free". They are Mr Fothergill's.
    Yeah I've bought some it's quite a goos offer for them. Have you tried lidls seeds?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yeah I've bought some it's quite a goos offer for them. Have you tried lidls seeds?
    No I haven't but have bought some. See you for a chat about it same time next year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stratman View Post
    No I haven't but have bought some. See you for a chat about it same time next year!!!
    haha yeah never thought. Let me know how you get on.