Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Pig Story in Today's Post

Therefore it was left on keewee's land for an extended period without permission, I could be wrong but I dont thing squatters rights extend to a pig.
    Why was the pig not removed when the previous tennancy ended and keewee took over? surely that is the norm in such circumstances.

If you left your car on someone elses drive for over a year, would you expect it to be there when you returned, I for one would not.
    Last edited by mi16; 07-Nov-13 at 14:49.
    W.A.T.P.

So much for a "nation of animal lovers". Everyone seems more concerned about land and ground. What about the animal that was wrongly destroyed on someone elses say so?

if the said owner of the pig was asked to remove it from the said property and did not with the time allotted then it was abandon . if the pigs owner was that worried about the pig he would have removed it and cared for it not having villager feed all kitchen waste ect that is illeagal to feed pigs . if a pig farmer was found to be feeding his pig kitchen wast ect he would have been procuted

Starfish - that is the point I was trying to make originally - it should have been left to the law to decide what happened to the pig, not up to one individual.

And in the meantime the pig stays as is in an unhealthy state.A bit cruel no?
    W.A.T.P.

Never mind the pig! I want to know more about the roofing slates, the broken windows, the dug-up drains and the blocked access. Tartan Special, Westward and Dogsrcool, you seem to know an awful lot about the pig - tell us why were these things allegedly done?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Skullduggery, miscellaneous mischief, sour grapes.......................
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsrcool View Post
    So much for a "nation of animal lovers". Everyone seems more concerned about land and ground. What about the animal that was wrongly destroyed on someone elses say so?
    Does the majority of us not devour animals for sustenance?Brings a new meaning to the term animal lover
    W.A.T.P.

Perhaps you should be asking Julie Smith who appears to know a lot about other matters. All I'm interested in is the original posting about the pig being disposed off and families being tarred and feathered and run out of a small village.

MI16 - it is different if particular animals are farmed for that reason - this pig was not. It was lethally injected - what a waste.

Perhaps you should be asking Julie Smith who appears to know a lot about other matters. All I'm interested in is the original posting about the pig being disposed off and families being tarred and feathered and run out of a small village.
    Fair enough, but the pig strikes me as being just another part of the wider skullduggery - getting to the bottom of window-breaking, roof theft, access blocking and drain sabotage might help to identify the reasons behind the pig's dodgy placement, inhumane treatment by owner and subsequent end. To prevent it happening again and so on. An ASBO might be in order by the sound of things; tarring & feathering might be going a bit too far.
    Of course, it's just a fantasy as Julie Smith states.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

MI16 - it is different if particular animals are farmed for that reason - this pig was not. It was lethally injected - what a waste.
    Aah so a bolt through the head, slit throat, bled dry, removed of innards then skinned is a preferable end over a lethal injection?For what it's worth, would you feel comfortable eating the flesh of a sick animal?Normally only healthy animals are slaughtered for the food chain.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    would you feel comfortable eating the flesh of a sick animal?
    For a little while, until the swine vesicular symptoms kick in.

Who (apart from Julie Smith) said the animal was sick or unwell? Still can't get my head round this one.

the needle bearer
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Never mind the pig! I want to know more about the roofing slates, the broken windows, the dug-up drains and the blocked access. Tartan Special, Westward and Dogsrcool, you seem to know an awful lot about the pig - tell us why were these things allegedly done?
    I know nothing of these things, alleged or otherwise.

Aah so a bolt through the head, slit throat, bled dry, removed of innards then skinned is a preferable end over a lethal injection?For what it's worth, would you feel comfortable eating the flesh of a sick animal?Normally only healthy animals are slaughtered for the food chain.
    Livestock/pig farming is one thing, keeping pigs as pets is another, once again we have the scenario whereby, it is alleged said pig was ill, but where is the proof? and whoever said that this pig was destined for the food chain? this pig I think would have been (had lived) a tad old for the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    Livestock/pig farming is one thing, keeping pigs as pets is another, once again we have the scenario whereby, it is alleged said pig was ill, but where is the proof? and whoever said that this pig was destined for the food chain? this pig I think would have been (had lived) a tad old for the food chain.
    How old was the pig?
    W.A.T.P.

How old was the pig?
    Given that Mama was a sow, it is doubtful she'd ever have gone to slaughter..depending on the breed and maturing rate, pigs going to slaughter can be anything between 5 and 10 months in age, judging by the picture shown here;http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...-after-2473033
    I'd say Mama was probably somewhere around 4 years old..bearing in mind that the aforementioned picture isn't showing a great deal of her.
    I am of course, speculating. She may have been younger or for that matter older. Best I can do to answer your question mi16.

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    Given that Mama was a sow, it is doubtful she'd ever have gone to slaughter..depending on the breed and maturing rate, pigs going to slaughter can be anything between 5 and 10 months in age, judging by the picture shown here;http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...-after-2473033
    I'd say Mama was probably somewhere around 4 years old..bearing in mind that the aforementioned picture isn't showing a great deal of her.
    I am of course, speculating. She may have been younger or for that matter older. Best I can do to answer your question mi16.
    It seems that the pig would not have been suitable for human consumption then, therefore the jag was the best option.
    W.A.T.P.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast