Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Pig Story in Today's Post

the pig was perfectly healthy . the tenant stole the landlords property , lied to the expert and had the pig illegally euthanised

Quote Originally Posted by special tartan View Post
    the pig was perfectly healthy . the tenant stole the landlords property , lied to the expert and had the pig illegally euthanised
    Tartin special well named you must take more drink than the said wig - strongbow mac to his pal.

I assume from what you say you would be happy to have a pig in your garden for months on end, How can it be illegal for a vet to put down an animal that was abandoned

The pig was far from abandoned . Special Tartan is not a drink I have ever heard of, perhaps , as an obvious expert on the subject you could enlighten me .

The pig wasn't in anyone's back garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Tartin special well named you must take more drink than the said wig - strongbow mac to his pal.

I assume from what you say you would be happy to have a pig in your garden for months on end, How can it be illegal for a vet to put down an animal that was abandoned
    Perfectly illegal..when said beast belongs to someone else!
    The matter belongs in the courts not in the head of the person who believes he/she is a law unto themselves..

Thumbs up I love it!

This is the most entertaining fictional story I have ever read. Well done to "bystander" for a very clever piece of writing, witty and amusing - I hope this story runs and runs (unlike the "peeg").

this tale really brings home the bacon
    W.A.T.P.

i'm amazed at all the "new" posters on here who haven't commented on any other thread but this one and seem to know everything about everyone else who has posted. Guess it must be the sock puppet season!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    i'm amazed at all the "new" posters on here who haven't commented on any other thread but this one and seem to know everything about everyone else who has posted. Guess it must be the sock puppet season!
    Not a new poster, rather an ancient one going on the number of posts you, yourself have made..as for commenting on any other thread, perhaps they are not interesting enough in terms of crofting or the law pertaining to!
    The pig itself was incidental to the content.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    this tale really brings home the bacon
    yeah they really know how to ham it up.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    yeah they really know how to ham it up.
    could wallow in it all day long
    W.A.T.P.

wonder if it will end up in TESCO horse err i mean beef burgers

This sensationalised story has more than just a sinister thread to it . You may find to your own cost some day that the law of the land in Caithness will not be there to protect and serve .

Whilst I agree that the Caithness police are not fit for purpose, I dont see the need for an in depth investigation into the death of an abandoned farmyard animal.
    A complete waste of resources.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Whilst I agree that the Caithness police are not fit for purpose, I dont see the need for an in depth investigation into the death of an abandoned farmyard animal.
    A complete waste of resources.
    Incredulous use of words on some posts..the attitude leaving much to be desired, this is where the complete waste comes in..in the complete lack of empathy, of crofting, of land law and of rights, of both the human and the animal.

Here, Here Camor! Well said! But a great story nonetheless!

Again I will say the pig was NOT abandoned . It was stolen and slaughtered .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    New to Caithness.org forum but knowing Reay village people just loved Julie Smith's "fictional" story on 'e peeg'. Amusing and witty and cleverly written. Hope this story just keeps on going!

Quote Originally Posted by special tartan View Post
    Again I will say the pig was NOT abandoned . It was stolen and slaughtered .
    So its untrue that the pig was left on keewee's land for an extended period.
    W.A.T.P.

. The pig was on the land before keewee became the tenant. It was not abandoned as some would have you believe .

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast