Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Pig Story in Today's Post

westward, I have just read the report in the Daily Record that you posted the link for and I now understand what you are basing your information on . There are so many inaccuracies in the story it is unreal. They cannot even get the ages of the people correct. If this is the basis of so many peoples view on this story I can see where they are coming from albeit wrong!!
    As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the skelfs be pointing the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by camor View Post
    westward, I have just read the report in the Daily Record that you posted the link for and I now understand what you are basing your information on . There are so many inaccuracies in the story it is unreal. They cannot even get the ages of the people correct. If this is the basis of so many peoples view on this story I can see where they are coming from albeit wrong!!
    Camor, thank you for your comment.
    Newspapers, my friend are notorious for delivering inaccuracies to the people, and bearing in mind that some of those reports came from so called "reputable newspapers" no one who reads a paper believes everything they read,

As far as I can tell, there is an ongoing dispute between two individuals, the pig was incidental to the dispute but it was still a living breathing creature and it did nothing to deserve the treatment it got,
    I disagree wholeheartedly with comments made such as is written in the previous two.
    The crux of the matter goes back to the dispute, regarding land & land boundaries and from my point of view this is a matter for a land court,
    the new occupier had no right whatsoever, to bring a vet or anyone else to deal with someone else's livestock, his first port of call ought to have been the owner of the pig and if that did not resolve then it ought to have been left to the courts to decide,

I do know one thing, if I was in the position whereby, one of my animals had been used to score a point as it were,
    I would sue the proverbial posterior off the person responsible and that is my considered opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    Camor, thank you for your comment.Newspapers, my friend are notorious for delivering inaccuracies to the people, and bearing in mind that some of those reports came from so called "reputable newspapers" no one who reads a paper believes everything they read,As far as I can tell, there is an ongoing dispute between two individuals, the pig was incidental to the dispute but it was still a living breathing creature and it did nothing to deserve the treatment it got,I disagree wholeheartedly with comments made such as is written in the previous two.The crux of the matter goes back to the dispute, regarding land & land boundaries and from my point of view this is a matter for a land court, the new occupier had no right whatsoever, to bring a vet or anyone else to deal with someone else's livestock, his first port of call ought to have been the owner of the pig and if that did not resolve then it ought to have been left to the courts to decide,I do know one thing, if I was in the position whereby, one of my animals had been used to score a point as it were,I would sue the proverbial posterior off the person responsible and that is my considered opinion.
    So you think the sick animal should have been left to suffer?A strange outlook on it to say the least.
    W.A.T.P.

Who said the pig was sick? Would love to know how you get your information, not even the owner of the pig got told anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsrcool View Post
    Who said the pig was sick? Would love to know how you get your information, not even the owner of the pig got told anything.
    its right here

As westward and others are claiming, the tenant (who owns the ground by the way) did not HAVE the pig destroyed. They called in an expert who examined the animal and the decision was made to put the animal out of it's misery.
    W.A.T.P.

And obviously camor is in the know is he? Funny how he works off shore and seems to know so much.

And obviously camor is in the know is he? Funny how he works off shore and seems to know so much.
    Actually I think that he is, you will note that an offshore worker does not necessarily live offshore, a large number of offshore workers spend 3/5 of the year at home these days.
    Are you trying to say Camor is a liar?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    So you think the sick animal should have been left to suffer?A strange outlook on it to say the least.
    Show me the proof that the animal was ill, so ill it had to be put to sleep.

its right here
    Who? exactly, called the expert? and in what capacity was the expert working?

I most certainly did not say Camor was a liar - I merely asked where he gets information from. As Westward said I too would love to see such a report. Can't imagine the vet showing anyone not directly involved with the animal such a thing.

I most certainly did not say Camor was a liar - I merely asked where he gets information from. As Westward said I too would love to see such a report. Can't imagine the vet showing anyone not directly involved with the animal such a thing.
    Aye, well he / she may have too..depending on where the alleged dispute ends up.

Id be willing to wager that the dispute will end up precisely nowhere, well nowhere in the eyes of the law at least
    W.A.T.P.

Id be willing to wager that the dispute will end up precisely nowhere, well nowhere in the eyes of the law at least
    Nothing new in that then.

dogsrcool, just because I may or may not work offshore (how do you know?) doesn't mean that I am not aware of what goes on. There are things called phones, computers (internet & email) and newspapers that the offshore worker has access to. I know the inividuals involved reasonably well and I am not going to say any more on the matter.
    As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the skelfs be pointing the right way.

dogsrcool, just because I may or may not work offshore (how do you know?) doesn't mean that I am not aware of what goes on. There are things called phones, computers (internet & email) and newspapers that the offshore worker has access to. I know the inividuals involved reasonably well and I am not going to say any more on the matter.

I can't believe that the author of such an amusing fictional story didn't put their name to it. They could win a prize for having such an amazing imagination.

camor ,saying no more on the matter is the smartest reply you have made to date !

Westward , Kee Wee called the expert . the capacity under which the expert worked is still a mystery .

mi 16 I shall take your wager

Julie smith , I can only say to you that reality is an illusion caused by the lack of alcohol

Special Tartan, you are obviously in the know.
    I can only thank the lord that someone is,

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast