Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Pig Story in Today's Post

When these sort of disputes get out of hand they should call in the independent abattoirator.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    there are many things that could make the animal unwell
    Yes, I am aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    When these sort of disputes get out of hand they should call in the independent abattoirator.
    Too late for Arbitration..with the main player having been killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    Too late for Arbitration..with the main player having been killed.
    Unless of course, Peppa is in on it and in cahots with the accuser, faking her own death what a swine
    Last edited by mi16; 22-Oct-13 at 19:25.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Oh bags of hollow (s)laughter!

If the pig was indeed fed by villagers, and these villagers fed the pig kitchen surplus this is against the law as it is considered a bio hazard and this would be enough for the authorities to have it put down.Also it has always been legal to despatch livestock, its how butchers get their produce!? Did the pig really get despatched by the vet? If it was lethal injection that would be a great waste! I do hope not.
    I kill half a dozen a year and that's just pigs.
    Last edited by newweecroft; 22-Oct-13 at 20:50.

Quote Originally Posted by newweecroft View Post
    If the pig was indeed fed by villagers, and these villagers fed the pig kitchen surplus this is against the law as it is considered a bio hazard and this would be enough for the authorities to have it put down.Also it has always been legal to despatch livestock, its how butchers get their produce!? Did the pig really get despatched by the vet? If it was lethal injection that would be a great waste! I do hope not.
    I kill half a dozen a year and that's just pigs.
    Agreed & ditto!
    I'd still like to learn why the pig was considered so ill it had to be put down & why it was not the authorities who intervened to do so.

As westward and others are claiming, the tenant (who owns the ground by the way) did not HAVE the pig destroyed. They called in an expert who examined the animal and the decision was made to put the animal out of it's misery. No crime has been commited other than (possibly) animal cruelty by the pigs owners who abandoned it. People who do not know the whole story should keep their opinions to themselves. As usual, what people don't know they make up and spout off as truth.
    Last edited by camor; 23-Oct-13 at 12:46.
    As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the skelfs be pointing the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by camor View Post
    As westward and others are claiming, the tenant (who owns the ground by the way) did not HAVE the pig destroyed. They called in an expert who examined the animal and the decision was made to put the animal out of it's misery. No crime has been commited other than (possibly) animal cruelty by the pigs owners who abandoned it. People who do not know the whole story should keep their opinions to themselves. As usual, what people don't know they make up and spout off as truth.

And should the "expert" not have called in the SSPCA and perhaps got in touch with the legal owner of the pig. Perhaps you should keep your opinions to yourself. And since when did a tenant own the ground?
    Last edited by Dogsrcool; 23-Oct-13 at 14:27.

Westward has not claimed anything I do as others have. read what has already been written, / speculated in various newspaper reports,
    as far as versing an opinion, I was not aware that I had other than to state that I did not think that the person who instigated the killing of the animal that belonged to someone had that right to do so.

I do not, in general "spout off" nor do I profess to know the truth of the matter, I do however, know about pigs and in particular this pig.

dogsrcool, is an sspca inspector more of an expert than a vet??.Also, people are referring to the 'tenant' This croft is owner/occupied therefore the tenant is the owner.

westward, you are still saying that someone "instigated the killing". If you came across an animal that was suffering and called a vet or SSPCE inspector and subequently the animal was put down, have you "instigated a killing"??
    As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the skelfs be pointing the right way.

dogsrcool, is an sspca inspector more of an expert than a vet??.Also, people are referring to the 'tenant' This croft is owner/occupied therefore the tenant is the owner.

westward, you are still saying that someone "instigated the killing". If you came across an animal that was suffering and called a vet or SSPCE inspector and subequently the animal was put down, have you "instigated a killing"??
    camor, I refer you here;http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...-after-2473033

crofters/tenants/owner-occupiers..????? your question to me is neither here nor there, you are changing the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    camor, I refer you here;http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...-after-2473033

crofters/tenants/owner-occupiers..????? your question to me is neither here nor there, you are changing the subject.
    Because a tabloid newspaper is the benchmark for truth and non distortion in order to sex up a (non) story.
    W.A.T.P.

This is quite a shocking story which, as always nowadays , seems to have developed into personal slanging match between members of the community, together with schoolboy attempts at humour from the usual protagonists.
    At any one time there are over 140 MILLION pigs kept in the EU for eventual killing, many of them in undersized sow crates which the EU have deemed to be illegal.
    You can help the EU in enforcing this ban by visiting the Compassion in World Farming web site.
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    At any one time there are over 140 MILLION pigs kept in the EU for eventual killing, many of them in undersized sow crates which the EU have deemed to be illegal.
    You can help the EU in enforcing this ban by visiting the Compassion in World Farming web site.
    what has this to do with the thread?
    spam anyone
    W.A.T.P.

spam anyone
    Don't be mean! Where would the forum be without these zealots?

I must say, Spam is about the worst thing you can do with a pig, unless we really plumb the depths of schoolboy humour!

spam anyone
    Yep - everyone is great at giving opinions on crofting/tenancy etc - the real crime is the destruction of the animal without the owners knowledge or say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsrcool View Post
    Yep - everyone is great at giving opinions on crofting/tenancy etc - the real crime is the destruction of the animal without the owners knowledge or say so.
    Yes!
    and that is that in a nutshell.

if the owner was that bother with his pig why did he not remove it when he was asked to in the first place . if the croft is owner /occupied then it was sold so the land belonged to the owner of the croft. if i had asked someone to remove thier pig and they had not it would have gone before the 15 months it was left on the said property.

I too agree that the fault falls on the blame of the owner of the pig who was asked to remove and take care of his pig ,in not doing so he is responsible for the out come of this all.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast