Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Pig Story in Today's Post

Wrong , wrong , wrong , brimming over with wrongability .!

well did the pigs owner go every day and care for the beast and why did he not remove it when asked by the new tentant

Let's suppose that I am a tenant of a house, and that i assign the lease to a new tenant.
    After vacating the house, I return a couple of months later and place a live dog in the garden.
    In the ensuing months I do not return to feed and look after said animal
    In my eyes that means that I have abandoned the animal and that makes me the guilty person, or have I missed sommething

[QUOTE=picturegifts;1056941]Let's suppose that I am a tenant of a house, and that i assign the lease to a new tenant.
    After vacating the house, I return a couple of months later and place a live dog in the garden.
    In my eyes that means that I have abandoned the animal and that makes me the guilty person, or have I missed sommething[/QUOTE]

You are missing something,
    we are not talking houses, we are talking crofts. croftland..under crofting tenure..croftland does not equate a house and garden,
    also, in law everything above and below the ground belongs to the landlord, ie; tenant has no real right to interfere with the landlord's property.

Let's suppose that I am a tenant of a house, and that i assign the lease to a new tenant.
    In my eyes that means that I have abandoned the animal and that makes me the guilty person, or have I missed sommething
    i must be missing the point too picture gifts i thought if when you move unless you have a agreement with the new tentant any property i left was abandon by my self i know this is true when selling a proprety as i bought a house and the previous owner was refusing to take her furnisher as she had a change of heart and did not want to leave after all but the solictor told her more or less tough the agreement had gone throught and any thing left on the propert after a said tume she would loss

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    You are missing something,
    we are not talking houses, we are talking crofts. croftland..under crofting tenure..croftland does not equate a house and garden,
    also, in law everything above and below the ground belongs to the landlord, ie; tenant has no real right to interfere with the landlord's property.
    Do you not think that sometimes archaic laws should be set aside and common sense prevail?
    Common sense to was that the landlord was in the wrong in placing an animal in a field which he had rented out to the tenant.
    Instead he acted in a disgraceful manner, and I am surprised that the tenant did not pursue an action against him, an action which given that he is a lawful tenant he would win

Picturegifts , you are absolutely correct in what you say . Had the tenant pursued legal action he would have won , no argument there . However the tenant did not pursue , in any way whatsoever , any legal action or act , for the removal of the landlords property . He ,and he alone, took the law into his own hands .

Quote Originally Posted by picturegifts View Post
    Do you not think that sometimes archaic laws should be set aside and common sense prevail?
    Common sense to was that the landlord was in the wrong in placing an animal in a field which he had rented out to the tenant.
    Instead he acted in a disgraceful manner, and I am surprised that the tenant did not pursue an action against him, an action which given that he is a lawful tenant he would win
    The law is the law and regardless of my opinion or your opinion the law remains, draconian in context or otherwise.
    Landlords and tenants seldom in my view, enjoy a good relationship and if one is lucky enough to find a good landlord, one ought to count their blessings,
    any tenant raising an action against his landlord may just as well pack his case and leave town..tenants seldom win..
    the tenant's only rights are contained in his lease..err outside of that and he is in bother.

Quote Originally Posted by special tartan View Post
    Picturegifts , you are absolutely correct in what you say . Had the tenant pursued legal action he would have won , no argument there . However the tenant did not pursue , in any way whatsoever , any legal action or act , for the removal of the landlords property . He ,and he alone, took the law into his own hands .
    Not the best of moves.

The tenant has erred !

glad i do not live in reay what with war between tentant and owner people worried about council lorries large stones appearing and general nastiness reay sounds a very unpleasant place to live

Reay ,itself, is not such an "unpleasant place " .

well we was looking at a place at shebster and a man from reay was tryng to us agreeing with a wind farm this man is from reay we were after buying a extra bit of land for access he would only sell it if we agree hence we pulled out of the sale was not going to get bullied by anyone so have first hand unpleasantnes of the folks of reay

On what basis did the Highland Council direct that the roof slates should be removed? Seems a very strange thing to do?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    On what basis did the Highland Council direct that the roof slates should be removed? Seems a very strange thing to do?
    I don't understand that one either, I cannot fathom why the Highland Council would be involved in the first place unless it has to do with structural safety in which case it would be the responsibilty of the landlord ultimately.

Reay ,itself, is not such an "unpleasant place " .
    Reay, I think is a rather special wee village, has a lot going for it but one dispute between two warring factions has nearly everyone at each other's throat
    And Reay is not the only place in the north where such disputes break out, nor will it be the last,

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    Reay, I think is a rather special wee village,
    Most of it would be on fire if I lived there.

H.R.C. ordered the slates removed , Health And Safety , should have been tenants responsibility , yet, became former landlords problem .

H.R.C. ordered the slates removed , Health And Safety , should have been tenants responsibility , yet, became former landlords problem .
    And what was the specific reason the HRC became involved in the roof tiles, enlighten the viewers.
    As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the skelfs be pointing the right way.

Situation reminiscent of the Highland Clearances, except that Patrick Sellar just used to burn the roof to see off his master's unwanted croft tenants, not whip the tiles off and sell them...
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast