Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Madeleine McCann

A lot of credit has to go to mr and mrs mcann for keeping this case in our minds
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Does anyone know how many british children have disapeared since this little girl? It would be great if all the cases were treated with the same vigor and publicity.
    It's a good question.

I haven't seen any figures.

That is, those who stay missing : those missing minus those found.

Plus some of the missing are likely to be abducted by a parent in a custody dispute.

There is a charity website Missing Kids but that doesn't record all missing children.

Article on the Indy in 2009 looked at missing people in the UK.

I wonder if the little girl found with the roma couple has been discovered as a result of enquiries leading from the Madelaine McCann investigation?

As far as I know she was just discovered by chance by a sharp eyed policeman who noticed her hair sticking out from some bedclothes.

The reason given (at least in the press) for the raid is per bbc report:

Police raided the Roma camp, near Farsala in central Greece, to search for drugs and weapons. The little girl was allegedly being used to beg on the streets

They noticed the lack of resemblance between the blonde-haired, green-eyed, pale-skinned little girl and her parents, and found further discrepancies when they investigated the family's documents.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123