Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann

Default Madeleine McCann

I know it's an emotive subject and it's been done to death on many forums since the unfortunate disappearance of the poor child, but although I sort of made my own mind up of what may have happened to her, tonight's crime watch UK has made me think again. Without wanting to seem insensitive about this horrible set of circumstances, what do fellow orgers think about it now?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I know it's an emotive subject and it's been done to death on many forums since the unfortunate disappearance of the poor child, but although I sort of made my own mind up of what may have happened to her, tonight's crime watch UK has made me think again. Without wanting to seem insensitive about this horrible set of circumstances, what do fellow orgers think about it now?
    You can't accuse anyone 'cos you'll get sued.

I think that the major lesson to be taken from the whole incident is don't leave your children unattended. Criminals will always exist all we can do is mitigate their ability to operate. I have no problems with paedophiles having their rights restricted so they have no ability to interact with children to ensure society is safer .

If I had been a perfect parent, then I may have ventured an opinion, but I was not
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

One can only hope that the current investigation can achieve closure on the tragic case and that all responsible for it are brought to justice.It's a real pity that the Portuguese team followed the wrong line(s) of inquiry.
    W.A.T.P.

I hope above all that they find the wee lassie and like golach had I never made a mistake in my parenting then I would feel justified in commenting but I have and I got away with it Thank God. i went to bed and hugged my four year old girl so close last night and cried a wee bit too. I cant imangine the anguish those parents have felt and I never want to either .

Yes we have all made mistakes, but that was neglect. If it were someone other than two middle class GPs then they would of faced charges. Because of their neglect a poor young child has had who knows what done to her and could possibly still be alive or maybe dead.

If they could just summon up the courage to actually admit that they did wrong in leaving the poor wee mites alone in the apartment I might feel more forving toward the McCann's. Listening to them last night speaking about how the Madeleine had said to them "where were you when me and the twins cried last night" certainly did not improve their standing in my eyes. And then when Gerry was only able to say that he was looking forward, not backwards and Kate almost managed to accept a share of the blame but couldn't quite manage it, well again, it really did not make me warm to them at all.

If they would accept leaving kids alone is wrong it may help spread that message to others that still think it's ok.

As to Madeleine, cannot help but think she will never be seen again...

I think they have to admit and face the error of their ways every waking moment.The show was about finding the abductor(s) not admissions of wrongdoing
    W.A.T.P.

I am sure there is not a day goes by that both parents totally regret leaving the kids alone ,they will pay for that mistake for the rest off their lives, but who are we to judge these people its not like we never send our kids out to the shop or are able to watch them 24/7 in the hope that the some skum will no approach them. I try not to judge them as this is a waste of my time I would rather learn from their mistakes and give hope that one day they will find her. The people (skum) that did wrong were the people (skum) that took her. I pray that they find her but its a cruel world out there and don't give out much hope sadly

Interesting comments from some, all I will say is what a Particular man was supposed to have said over 2000 years ago.

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

I for one will not be picking up a stone.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Personally I think two GPs leaving three children alone, are grossly irresponsible. The fact the children had been sedated at times during the holiday makes me wonder what really happened. Also I would think two babies who are easier to imprint on "new" parents would have been less risky to take if that was the intention. Just my opinion, so please don't question my morals, parenting etc in reply.

Quote Originally Posted by radiohead View Post
    Personally I think two GPs leaving three children alone, are grossly irresponsible. The fact the children had been sedated at times during the holiday makes me wonder what really happened. Also I would think two babies who are easier to imprint on "new" parents would have been less risky to take if that was the intention. Just my opinion, so please don't question my morals, parenting etc in reply.
    Why should no one question your Morals? Especially when you are doing exactly that to two people who you know will never see your comments and as such can not defend themselves.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

What is your theory?
    W.A.T.P.

My theory is they accidentally overdosed her and dumped her body to save their skins from manslaughter charges. After all if you are irresponsible enough to leave three children alone anything is possible. Kodiak, I added that as usually some tit will have a nasty swipe at comments made in forums.

My theory is they accidentally overdosed her and dumped her body to save their skins from manslaughter charges. After all if you are irresponsible enough to leave three children alone anything is possible. Kodiak, I added that as usually some tit will have a nasty swipe at comments made in forums.
    I know exatly what you mean and this comment of yours deserves lots of nasty swipes, but I am too much of a Gentleman to write such comments.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    I cant imangine the anguish those parents have felt and I never want to either .
    You do not need to imagine. That mothers suffering is utterly visible and still so raw. It has eaten her. Not a day goes by that she does not castigate herself for leaving those children alone, more severely than any criticism the public may direct at them. If nothing else, what happened with Madelaine has made parents who would do ( or even did) the same to think twice.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Well, one cannot be negative otherwise the Polis will come a knocking at the McCann's behest. Whilst it is interesting to see how their utter neglect can be swept under the carpet whilst they make a fortune off the back of the poor girl.

based on what evidence? By that theory the entire party must have been in on it, they were in a strange country yet managed to dispose of a body so professionally that it has never been discovered. Then they embark on a relentless campaign for an international investigation for six years just to create a smokescreen. Sounds like some movie plot, I don't buy it.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    based on what evidence?
    Based on the unethical book of Goncalo Ammaral, "me thinks".
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast